Before:
IMG_5598.png

currently in its transformation:

115.png

LawnRanger

Reaction score

fifty

Reaction score
Its PMF's 4 link front and rear. 2002 D80 out back, 2008 D60 up front. It will be around 6-7 inches when done. Wheels are 20x10 Centerlines. The BS is advertised at 4.5 inches but measure 5.

If work will just slow down, I can get it finished. First day off in 3 weeks to work on it...all I did was sort out the track bar...
I cant wait until its done...

John@Outlaw_Diesel

Reaction score
2012-02-03_13-32-48_694.png

2012-02-03_13-44-33_431.png

Alright what are your guys thoughts on ways to go with the truck.

For exterior looks I want to have color matched front end, so should I just get and xl 99-03 bumper, or should I invest a little more and get 06 front. I love the grill I have now, but can't stand the chrome bumper.

Now for height Issues. I have a set of stock front springs with add-a-leaf. Will that be enough to clear my 35's? I want to get rid of the steps also, but friends and family already have hard time getting in the truck now. So would really like to lower it few inches so that wouldn't be a problem.

Jason

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you'd need a leveling kit to run 35's, and even then 35's look a little stuffed. I dropped mine all the way down, took off the leveling kit, and put my 2" blocks back in the back. It's low enough to get in without the bars now, but unfortunately, my wife isn't 6'4" like I am. So they have to stay on for her to crawl her 5'2" self in, or I'd yank mine off too lol.

Everybody has a '05 front end conversion, I say get a paintable front bumper for yours, and some foglights...tinted like your headlights if you can find them. It'll definitely look slick lowered down! I love the look of a ~stock height-ish super duty with a nice wheel/tire setup on it, and some low slung traction bars!

John@Outlaw_Diesel

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you'd need a leveling kit to run 35's, and even then 35's look a little stuffed. I dropped mine all the way down, took off the leveling kit, and put my 2" blocks back in the back. It's low enough to get in without the bars now, but unfortunately, my wife isn't 6'4" like I am. So they have to stay on for her to crawl her 5'2" self in, or I'd yank mine off too lol.

Everybody has a '05 front end conversion, I say get a paintable front bumper for yours, and some foglights...tinted like your headlights if you can find them. It'll definitely look slick lowered down! I love the look of a ~stock height-ish super duty with a nice wheel/tire setup on it, and some low slung traction bars!

Thanks for the response, I am thinking about just putting the XL 99-03 painted bumper on there color matched. I think it would actually look pretty good. Main reason I like my grill is because its all one piece, most are divided into the three sections and I rarely see anyone with same one. Also, like you said everyone has 05+ front. Would be cool to have something little different. As for the height I just want to make sure I won't have any rubbing, I do also like that faster lowered stance better than lifted now. Easier for everyday uses etc.

moose99psd

Reaction score
truck looks good but for thr lift it needs bigger tires.. i like the way it looks deffinately color match the front bumper. have you looked into some amp steps?

John@Outlaw_Diesel

Reaction score
truck looks good but for thr lift it needs bigger tires.. i like the way it looks deffinately color match the front bumper. have you looked into some amp steps?

Yeah Ive looked into them, waiting for a used set to come up for sale. I agree if the lift stays on it would look better with a 36" or 37" tire. The height it's at now is the max for my gooseneck trailer. That was the first reason I got rid of the 38x15.50 tires that used to be on the truck. Hopefully I'll get some time here soon to drop it down to see what it looks like.

average

Reaction score
Yeah Ive looked into them, waiting for a used set to come up for sale. I agree if the lift stays on it would look better with a 36" or 37" tire. The height it's at now is the max for my gooseneck trailer. That was the first reason I got rid of the 38x15.50 tires that used to be on the truck. Hopefully I'll get some time here soon to drop it down to see what it looks like.

What brand/size lift do you have on there now? Looks like 6"-8"

Latest posts

Members online