Super High ECTs

BigFoot

Reaction score
A little background on my truck, it is a 2006 6.0 with 140K miles on it. The only thing I have done to it is a straight pipe. The other day I was pulling a trailer (not to heavy but pretty decent wind drag) and my dash said to "check gauges" so I looked over and my ECT's were just about red lining. I was looking for an access road to pull over on and right as I was about to my CAC (cold air charge) boot blew off of my turbo (broke my clamp). I have noticed a little oil leak, but I had one before but perhaps my paranoia makes it seem worse, I am leaking coolant from the radiator area, and I feel like my truck lost a little "get up and go" I never really payed attention to max turbo boost, but now I can only get it up to 24-25 PSI slamming it.

What are some parts of the truck y'all recommend that I check for damage and what do y'all recommend I do to makes sure nothing is wrong. I have since then been keeping an eye on coolant level and color, and oil level and color and everything is normal. I plan on doing a EGR delete and a oil cooler replacement. So lets here what y'all think happened and what I should do!

Alfie

Reaction score
Have you checked for codes? If your coolant needle gets that high it can mean two things. Your motor is over heating (duuuhhhh) or you oil temp is high ( depends on the calibration you have) checking for codes can help. Another thing. If you know it's your coolant getting hot. Find and correct any leaks you have. If no leaks are found or you fixed it and still over heats. Check the temp drop across your radiator. It should be about 30 degs. If its to much of a split then you have lack of coolant flow. Not much of a split then your radiator may be plug or lack of air flow across it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

78f100

Reaction score
Pressure test the cooling system, look for leaks. If the oil cooler is plugged it will also cause high ect also. You will need a tuner or some type of scanner to check ect/eot deltas.

Latest posts

Members online