SuperArmor for the Superduty

higherlife

Reaction score
6e6f80747fe8ab1b58f294423e69267e.jpg

95a6867da718b6c2eff5e00180d5645e.jpg

Here's a few more. Don't judge my skinny tires, finally getting 37x12.5 this week :thumb:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrickTruck

Reaction score
That thing looks fantastic, whew. Nice.
Why did you skip the lower valance? or is it just not on yet?

At the moment I have 1 of the 40002HW2 that is complete, and primered with a 3 part etching epoxy high build primer. This is the hot ticket for paint. This one is ready to wetsand and paint. $300 option, but it's ready to spray w/ paint. Note: this is not the answer for a powder coating option as it would have to be completely stripped first.
Another stealth 40002B which is done in gloss black powder coat.
Then there are 4x of the full bumpers which lack only their center bar decision. So they are 40002HW1 or 40002HW2 or even 3 center bars or more. These are bare.
So, 6x of them in stock.
Several guys on the forums are interested in the stealth one, also I have a local equip rental place interested in it.

In terms of winches I have 4 of the Superwinch 18SRs that I'd like to find new homes for, but with superwinchexperts.com whoring them out at my cost there's very little I can do to be competitive. Can match their price, but not their free shipping.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
oh, looking at your photos...I'm pretty sure you have the winch in backwards. Almost positive the winch's motor should be on the driver's side. I'll check a set of instructions tomorrow.

This will cause it to pull in reverse putting strain on the gears they are not designed for. Also the brake will not operate correctly in reverse.

Sorry...

Leftthenleft

Reaction score
I said way back that I would love to do this on my 6.4 if you ever made one. Well, I am in the process of getting into a '15 6.7 and this was one of the first things I thought of. What I would like to look at would be the 40002hw2 design but without the hidden winch. I figured I would see what you had at the moment first.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Got a new hotshot who's trying to impress me with his painting skills...and succeeding.

One is being painted Pearl White and it looks gorgeous, but I can't seem to get a good pic of it, will try again later.

20160801_213806Large.jpg

20160228_122414Large.jpg

ToddP

Reaction score
Those bumpers are slick! I bought a slew of t-maxx parts from you back in '02 or so, cool stuff.

I like your bumpers very nice

TrickTruck

Reaction score
OK guys, I've gotta move these things. These are full production version, no corners were skipped, they are awesome.

I have 6 left, 5 full and 1 Gloss Black powder coated Stealth.
keeping one for my truck (replace my 2nd proto) but the rest are up for grabs.

I just sunk $1500 into 3part etching high build primer for all of them, so you'll get them ready to block and paint.

Accepting reasonable offers, email me: [email protected]

For those of you who don't want to read this entire thread, most of the info is here on the webpage
http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/cgi-bin/store/40002HW1.html

Last edited:

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I know this project is kind of old, but I thought y'all would like to see the rear bumper design.

I was contacted by one of the front bumper customers who really wanted the rear to match. So I gathered up all the front customers and asked if they wanted a rear one and got enough interest to do a run.

Here's some renderings, this is the final design. Feedback is welcome, maybe if it's a good idea I'll change something before going to manufacturing.

The wrap around is intended to work with Bushwacker style fender flairs and protect the corner of the truck from incidents. With the flairs on, the flair should stick out a smidgen past the bumper. I have this style on my Toyota P/U and it’s saved it countless times. I hope you all like it.

That's the Rigid flush mount light and backup sensors integrated into it.

Receiver hitch is integrated and should prove to be several times stronger than stock.

V8.1RearC-Iso-1024x599.jpg

V8.1RearC-Top-510x225.jpg

V8.1RearC-Side-510x204.jpg

Bottom view, shows room for a big spare up to 37"
V8.1RearC-Bottom-510x551.jpg

Section view showing internal ribs
V8.1RearC-Section-2-510x255.jpg

Anyway, I figured you guys would enjoy seeing the design and you've given me good feedback in the past so feel free to hit me with what you are seeing.

sootie

Reaction score
That looks amazing!! Two comments:

Personally i would lose that recess that looks like a step on the outside corners. Breaks the flow of the bumper and doesnt match the front. I know my boot would slip off that and destroy my shin. Also looks a bit chebby lol

Also, have an option for the wraparounds to be removed like you did for the grill guards on the front.

Question: Where is the access for the spare tire crank?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online