Suspension Help Needed ASAP!

mattmal9

Reaction score
Hey guys I need some help. I just installed a set of 3" leveling springs in my truck. I talked to couple guys in my area that said it would be no problem. I have already installed larger/longer Bilstein Shocks. The install went perfectly fine but the outcome doesn't seem right... The springs have a scary looking bow in them and now the front axle seem shifted to the drivers side of the truck. The truck drives fine except for the alignment is off some but I expected that due to taking the front end apart. I have pictures so you guys can see what I'm talking about but I am in need of some feedback on how to fix the geometry of the front end because as of right now I'm gonna let the truck sit till I understand whats going on and what I have to do. Please any ideas let me know. Thanks.

Spring Bend
springs1.jpg

Axel Shift Drivers Side
axel1.jpg

Axel Shift Pass. Side
axel2.jpg

mattmal9

Reaction score
An adjustable track bar will get your axle back where it needs to be.

Yep. Adjustable trac bar or a drop bracket if I'm not mistaken. Both will work.

That will shift the axle back towards the passenger side? What about the springs should I look into a radius arm drop bracket? I know that is a option. Would that help?

florida 6.0

Reaction score
Yes you need to drop the radius arms to get the caster back in line . Or get a set of the PMF 3 link bars .

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Readylift sells drop brackets for the radius arms. They also have a track bar drop bracket. I have both without issue.

Keith

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Icon or carli sells an adjustable trac bar (better choice than the drop bracket)

Radius arm drops can come from ready lift (for your kit) or buy a "3-link" or 4 link kit

Latest posts

Members online