Suspension problem

Ouch

Reaction score
Driving to work today hear like a metal on metal kind of sound over bumps then take a tight right hand turn and the steering kept wanting to turn right (felt like the tire went completely flat) then turned the wheel back to turn left and it was fighting turning then the wheels seemed to wanna stay left I straightened it out then it felt fine for a while even through turns, just once in a while it does it again... any ideas? Thanks guys.

bluedge8

Reaction score
where the hell are you working? LOL, does the noise come from the column or outside the truck? give me a call

Ouch

Reaction score
Finishing up that big house on vermilion.. we've been super slow started helping another electrician ... outside, its prob the u joints..

bluedge8

Reaction score
vermillion, nice, I've never been. I would check axle u's they can bind up and just generally check out the front end.

bluedge8

Reaction score
Could be, you could pull them and then test drive, they're only used to smooth out steering especially with big tires

Ouch

Reaction score
I did some reading and thinking, I dout the stablizer shocks are it, I read over at the nation for a while... possibly gear box....

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Gear box or stabilizers. Take the 10 minutes and pop them off. Ive had mine stick. Bracket could have moved and is binding them. Hubs engaged? Couple possibilities. The metal sound on bumps is weird. Almost leans at u joints like said above

bluedge8

Reaction score
Be careful about that gear box, some people have had the pinion shaft break, especially with larger tires.

Ouch

Reaction score
I heard about them braking, that would be no good. That's the only reason I'm worried about this. Be a bad day if the steering let go..

Ouch

Reaction score
I'm back, just been to busy to give you a call... one of these nights

I pulled the shocks, it didnt to any wandering..i only drove like 20 miles so we'll see once I get some more driving in.

Ouch

Reaction score
So if this does work, should I leave them off or replace them.. What am I gaining/loosing..

Ouch

Reaction score
wasnt stabalizers... hmmm another day.. Same thing.. pulls and you gotta like counter steer it to go straight.. could it be possibly with power steering?

bluedge8

Reaction score
it's not your steering column in the cab is it? my '97 needed to have the column completely rebuilt, it was so bad that it was causing the steering to stick.

Ouch

Reaction score
Had the tires off.. spun the passager side nice and smooth with like no resistance...drivers side had quite a bid of resistance..I dont think this would have anything to do with how it only pulls once in a while but least I can fix that..

How do I see if its on the column?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.