Swamps 7.3 common rail

Viking

Reaction score
Just throwing it out there, I don't know the potential between the two motors after they are on a level field.

Wayne

Reaction score
Do you guys think the old 7.3 CR'd can battle the 6.4/7.3 stroker?

Considering the boring and stroking capabilities of the 6.4 to beyond 7.3l, and the likelihood of the same potential of making the 7.3 even larger, it will come down to a lot of things, but mainly how much stress the rotating assemblies, blocks and heads can take, considering they're using the same, or at least similar injection technology. The bottom line will be when the block blows up, or the developer runs out of either time, money, or interest. Glad to see the 7.3 getting modern technology strapped onto it.

DocBar

Reaction score
Considering the boring and stroking capabilities of the 6.4 to beyond 7.3l, and the likelihood of the same potential of making the 7.3 even larger, it will come down to a lot of things, but mainly how much stress the rotating assemblies, blocks and heads can take, considering they're using the same, or at least similar injection technology. The bottom line will be when the block blows up, or the developer runs out of either time, money, or interest. Glad to see the 7.3 getting modern technology strapped onto it.
I wonder what the conversion cost will be once the CR 7.3 is proven and put into kit form. I see this as the only way the 7.3 can even consider keeping itself in the conversation.

JDub

Reaction score
I can't even begin to imagine the amount of time and devotion that have been into this project since its inception. Kudos to you boys sticking with it. Simply incredible.

Sent from my XT907

davey99ps

Reaction score
I wonder what the conversion cost will be once the CR 7.3 is proven and put into kit form. I see this as the only way the 7.3 can even consider keeping itself in the conversation.

I think P-pumped 7.3's have more than proven they can make huge #'s to. I'm really excited to see how the cr does though

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Scotty-

Put a throttle stop in it so we can race each other in 12.0. That would be cool to do again. I got Aaron's cc again.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
Scotty-

Put a throttle stop in it so we can race each other in 12.0. That would be cool to do again. I got Aaron's cc again.

That would be fun to do again! Those days were a lot of fun. I'm sure I'll have a 12.0 truck again before to long. Its a strong class, pretty dang challenging

sent from the sea

Wayne

Reaction score
27 k sounds like a good deal with all the parts involved, and the likely quantity I expect to be sold. I bet swamps is in it way deeper than that with all the r&d

Latest posts

Members online