Swapping doors?

Hunttman01

Reaction score
First off, sorry if this is the wrong subforum. Long story short, my 2000 xl has the infamous door rot...looking to replace them. Found a donor with rust free doors but they're also power equipment. What's all needed to physically swap the doors? (Tools and procedure) and what all will I need to make the power equipment work? Thanks in advance

Blue Line Fab

Reaction score
Same door from 99 to 15.
Fairly easy, unbolt the old doors and bolt on the new doors.
Pull the door panels swap over your internals to the new set of doors and your good to go.
From what I can remember six bolt per door 9/16 socket.

Hunttman01

Reaction score
Same door from 99 to 15.
Fairly easy, unbolt the old doors and bolt on the new doors.
Pull the door panels swap over your internals to the new set of doors and your good to go.
From what I can remember six bolt per door 9/16 socket.
Sweet thanks man! Is there an easy ish way to access the internals? Or what all would I need for power?

jtgf250

Reaction score
Just pop off the door panel to get to the inurds. I've gotta do the dame thing for the same reason. Not sure what all would be needed to go to power though. Sure someone has done it though.

Hunttman01

Reaction score
Just pop off the door panel to get to the inurds. I've gotta do the dame thing for the same reason. Not sure what all would be needed to go to power though. Sure someone has done it though.
I've had my door panel off to try to fix my lock linkage and it's a huge PITA... tiny poorly spaced holes... I guess I was spoiled by my chevy

Latest posts

Members online