Sway Control

JDub

Reaction score
My 2010 didn't come with any sway bars at all on it, front or rear. Decided I'd get a set to bolt on to help the handling and towing stability. Got everything from Hellwig, standard front sway bar and their Big Wig rear sway bar, should help out the overall stability quite a bit, hoping to do the install tomorrow, will keep ya posted...

Austin

Reaction score
I can imagine them making a huge difference if the truck didn't ever come with them, but is it pretty noticeable going from stock to an upgraded piece? I was thinking about this today.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
the one that came on the rear of my truck is absolutely pointless, its like 1/2 bar is all, i really need an upgrade for the rear

JDub

Reaction score
They offer two rear sway bars, I opted for the bigger one. They suggested it for heavy towing, plus it's got three positions, so it's totally adjustable. See what happens.

2454879690075117731S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
looks awesome let us know how it is, now that my truck is a little lower, a little sway control might be in the near future

Tom S

Reaction score
That is kinda cool on the three positions deal I wonder how that will work out. Nice photo :poke:

Attachments

• swaybars.jpg
    swaybars.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 62

Tom S

Reaction score
I use webshots actually for my photos. I just had to have a little fun.

JDub

Reaction score
Finally got the new bars in the truck, what an improvement. This thing feels way more stable in the corners at higher speeds. Can't wait to feel the difference with the trailer on it. Install was super easy too, took me less than an hour to do both with the help of some air tools and a friend.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_2428.JPG

Last edited:

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I run those exact bars also. With my coilovers it swayed a bit more than I like so I upgraded. They work great.
Dustin I had that same lam ass stock one that Ford puts in the back. I think you would like the rear bar JDub installed, you can choose from three different settings. I started with the softest and haven't moved it.

Tom S

Reaction score
Did you notice just a shade of a rougher ride empty. I just took mine for a test ride after adding a factory sway bar on the back. I can feel the bar in the corners and once in a while I think it adds a little bit of extra stiffness on bumps. I am curious to feel what a front one feels like.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Finally got the new bars in the truck, what an improvement. This thing feels way more stable in the corners at higher speeds. Can't wait to feel the difference with the trailer on it. Install was super easy too, took me less than an hour to do both with the help of some air tools and a friend.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_2428.JPG

You may want to weld in the mounts onto the axle. Mine shifted and the truck sat crooked, no matter how tight I had them, it moved. My increased travel may be a factor though. Just keep an eye on it.

Tom S

Reaction score
LOL, why in the hell do they not paint the driveshafts on these trucks. I think Jacob need some pre paint work on that.

JDub

Reaction score
Did you notice just a shade of a rougher ride empty. I just took mine for a test ride after adding a factory sway bar on the back. I can feel the bar in the corners and once in a while I think it adds a little bit of extra stiffness on bumps. I am curious to feel what a front one feels like.

Haven't driven it a whole lot but didn't notice it riding any stiffer. Can definitley feel it in the corners, I'm liking it so far.... Maybe some speed bumps or abrupt bumps will bring out any side effects, not sure yet.

You may want to weld in the mounts onto the axle. Mine shifted and the truck sat crooked, no matter how tight I had them, it moved. My increased travel may be a factor though. Just keep an eye on it.

That thought had crossed my mind, as it does have some force wanting to roll those u-bolts down. Thanks for the tip.

Jesus Jacob... a can of black paint is only $4

Yes, yes, only a guy such as yourself would notice that. The truck isn't even a year old. Gotta love a the salt covered snowy Utah freeway in the winter.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
did you lower your truck more?

I noticed my factory rear bar is pointed way up now, considering doing something else in the rear since im going to take some leafs out

Latest posts

Members online