System Help for 10' CC

golfpro2301

Reaction score
I am in process of getting some stuff together to upgrade factory system in my 2010 CC. I got (2) 10's, box, and amp of CL for $125. Just something cheap for now. The box may work if not I will build my own. Used to build furniture with the pops when I was young so I am good at building stuff. I called crutchfield today and after talking with them below is what they recommended. I am keeping the factory head unit. This is my first time hooking up component speakers so need help with the crossover. Also dont know how to wire the inline amp into factory harness. I did have a sub setup once where I tapped into the rear speakers which is what I am going to do here but do the speaker wires run into where the factory plug runs to the OEM sub? It would be nice so I can tap into them with an inline converter. Any wiring help would be greatly appreciated

Soundstream ST4-1000D 90W x 4 Car Amplifier
Kicker 40css684 component speakers with tweeters (2)
Speaker wiring harness (2)
EFX PA10BX Wiring Kit

golfpro2301

Reaction score
I just got everything shipped in and planning on starting tomorrow. Anyone have a wiring diagram for the 2010 6.4. Need to cut wire harness to add an inline amp in the dash and need to know what each wire is. Also, is there a certain wire I can tap into in the stock sub harness for the new amp remote wire?

Kellyo77

Reaction score
Did you get anything figured out on this? About ready to do the same thing in my truck.
When I did this in my 2011 f150, I found a harness that went in-line with the factory harness to the head unit and I spliced into it. So as not to cut the factory wires.

Latest posts

Members online