T-4 mount up pipe welds?

oneofakindSD

Reaction score
I just purchased a t-4 mount and up pipes when i received them , the first thing i thought is this company needs some welding training ,im posting some pics to get your opinion , i was planning to build my own up pipes but was on a tight schedule and heard good words about these pipes so i bought them and now regret it............
101_0502.jpg

101_0505.jpg

101_0504.jpg

101_0497.jpg

101_0500.jpg

101_0498.jpg

oneofakindSD

Reaction score
i feel the pipes and base plate are going to break when i fire the truck up the company wants more money to reweld!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bs

charlie-2

Reaction score
im 16 and have been learning welding in school for 3 years now and they look like a 2 year old did them. they could of been done 10times better for sure. defently dissapointed, i would be!:doh:

charlie-2

Reaction score
those are very poor quality welds. ill tig you ones that will be SEMA quality, looks like that company needs to step up there game...:shrug:

dave186

Reaction score
those are very poor quality welds. ill tig you ones that will be SEMA quality, looks like that company needs to step up there game...:shrug:

Not hard to find a good welder, but you have to pay them. The welds on that piece look rushed. Time is money you know. The only ones I might be concerned with are the ones on the base, needs a couple more passes. Youll never see it after its installed, or is this a show piece?

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
For what those up pipes and t4 flange cost I'd expect better quality! Not to mention I'm pretty disappointed that this company isn't even willing to work with you on the issue.

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
Are the holes for the wastegate?

Yes, cutout for a wastegate.

Not hard to find a good welder, but you have to pay them. The welds on that piece look rushed. Time is money you know. The only ones I might be concerned with are the ones on the base, needs a couple more passes. Youll never see it after its installed, or is this a show piece?

I understand the difference between "pretty" welds & "strong" welds. But would you send ugly parts out of your shop with your name on em? If I build something for myself or have a buddy build it for me the "looks" don't matter to me so much. I'm not fancy but you bet your ass if I buy a part & it looks like a 7th grade shop project gone wrong that I'd be pissed too.

neverkickn

Reaction score
Actually you should post up the builder. That is what we are here for. Who has what and is their stuff any good. This is feedback that everyone here should have. Now if he would have been willing to work with you that would be a different story.

If I spent the money on a mount kit and got that I would be nowhere near happy and would expect a more quality replacement or a complete refund, PERIOD.

a_moore

Reaction score
I am a welder by trade.....I know whos product that is just by looking at it and have never seen one in person.

cold lap mean anything?

OP: Just grind them down, get rid of the poor penetrated cold lap beads and reweld them with tig on the pipes and 7018 on the plate and collector. The hard part is actually putting/fitting it all together. I could reweld all of that in about 20 minutes.

bigjake0524

Reaction score
They are my up-pipes. And he was offered to send them in and we would correct the welds. At no charge! I never told him it would cost more to have the weld corrected, a few minutes with the tig machine and they would be smoothed out and flowed together. Yes, the issue should have been fixed before it was sent out. I got in a hurry and didn't inspect the pipes well enough trying to rush them out to the OP by the weekend. This is also why all the pipes are going to begin being tig welded, as the 321ss up-pipes are. Much easier to control the bead on a thin but jointed piece of metal with an ever changing weld angle.

Tom S

Reaction score
I would not be convinced that the turbo mount will stand the test of time without some work on the welds there so you might want to re-weld that too. Nice to see you jump in the way you did and make this right.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.