T4 and tq converter stall

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
I use to have a 64/68/.83 I ran it with stock injectors and with 190/100's I sold that truck and I'm looking at getting another one. If I went to a fmw 64.5 .91 would I have to up the stall? I though my old set up was good but ibstarted poking aground and guys are changing the stall?!?

Or is it worth just getting a bigger vgt?

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
It will run fine with a stock stall, but it'll light quicker and feel stronger if you bump it up to a 2200 DPC or a 2400 PI (PI's run tight)

Last edited:

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that it doesn't tow on a daily basis just a small boat once a week And that's about a 10 mile tow. I'm getting it for the wife. She's still butt hurt I got rid of the first one.

Who's offering t4 kits these days I had a ced kit. I liked it. Before I go that route again id like to see the other options

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
If you get a converter just make sure it has a steel stator, it handles heat better if you are going to tow.

Everyone and their brother makes a t4 kit now.. I too had a ced kit and was pleased so I can't help you there

Dieselmore

Reaction score
We have 2 Irate kits and are very please with them. Their customer service was also top notch, would definitely order from them again. Their kit was $850 I believe.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Our kit is 700, and depending on your injectors you could run either the 62/68, or 64.5/68 sxe with the 83 housing. Both are fmw wheels with the 360° thrust right out if the box.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online