T4 mount questions

Cody

Reaction score
Just about finished wrapping up and getting my truck back up and running but I cannot seem to get the oil drain to line up at all.. Does anyone have any tips or tricks? ( it's the solid tube from irate)

Or what's my next best bet get a flexible line made up with 10an fittings?

- I thought I had a buddy's dad make one but said he couldn't make one that small.. It can be done correct?

Also what are most people doing with their ccv? Swapping valve covers and running it off the passenger side? If so how is it being routed then?

Thanks guys!!

ryanss22

Reaction score
Hey there. Loosen up the vband nut thay clamps. The exh housing and rotate it to line up. Yes I had to swap valve covers on my obs and I ran a tube from the ccv down the frame and dump it out by the fuel tank.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
That drain tube can be a serious pita! Loosen the v band clamp and also the bolts on the drain fitting in the valley and start the threads on the tube and then tighten everything down. Also my ccv vent cleared the intake boot on the turbo. Didn't have to swap valve covers

Black 02

Reaction score
I consider myself pretty mechanically competent, but I couldn't get the solid drain to fit for the life of me. Jake was changing fab shops about the time I got my kit and I think something was just a touch off.

I went to napa and got two hose barbs and a chunk of hose and make a flex drain. There isn't any pressure, so I don't even have clamps on it. Plus, this doesn't hard-tie everything together. Gives a little room for movement.

I am running a full 5" intake pipe on a super duty over the top of the valve cover.

I found a 5 1/2" to 5" reducer and it flexes perfectly over the valve cover. intake pipe is routed through the old AFE housing and attaches to a 5" Air filter.

It can be done without swapping valve covers. That seems silly to me. It juist takes a litte figuring and elbow grease.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Have you called jake to confirm that you have the correct length one? there are two different sizes for his kits, I know when I got mine, I got one that was too long. Looked like it could work, but after struggling with it for 3 days, called him, and confirmed that the one he sent was about an inch too long. Sounds a lot to me like this is your problem. IIRC the correct length for a 467 is 3" or there a bouts, the one I was sent was closer to 4"

Cody

Reaction score
Well I'm running a s475 and I've tried calling he is a hard guy to get on the phone

Cody

Reaction score
Got ahold of jake he's going to send me one about an 1/8th shorter. So hopefully that works. It'll be here tomorrow so I guess ill see lol

Strokersace

Reaction score
I consider myself pretty mechanically competent, but I couldn't get the solid drain to fit for the life of me. Jake was changing fab shops about the time I got my kit and I think something was just a touch off.

I went to napa and got two hose barbs and a chunk of hose and make a flex drain. There isn't any pressure, so I don't even have clamps on it. Plus, this doesn't hard-tie everything together. Gives a little room for movement.

I am running a full 5" intake pipe on a super duty over the top of the valve cover.

I found a 5 1/2" to 5" reducer and it flexes perfectly over the valve cover. intake pipe is routed through the old AFE housing and attaches to a 5" Air filter.

It can be done without swapping valve covers. That seems silly to me. It juist takes a litte figuring and elbow grease.

Do you have any pics of your installed setup?

ryanss22

Reaction score
I'm running a s475 with a 2.6 race cover.. I had to reduce from a 5.5-4 for my intake.. Only downside is I have to pull my air intake to add my oil.. I will prolly chance my setup a lil bit and not reduce it from a 5.5 to a 4 in one shot...

Black 02

Reaction score
I'm running a s475 with a 2.6 race cover.. I had to reduce from a 5.5-4 for my intake.. Only downside is I have to pull my air intake to add my oil.. I will prolly chance my setup a lil bit and not reduce it from a 5.5 to a 4 in one shot...

Yeah, that's why I took my time and tried to come up with a good solution. One, I didn't want to have to remove the intake to add oil. Two, I didn't see the point of having a race cover if you neck it down to a 4" intake.

There are a lot of guys running 4" intakes making big power though. :pimp:

Cody

Reaction score
I think my intake will be alright without swapping valve covers... Ill post some pictures when it's all said and done..

I'm also going to be running a 4" intake.

And not making big power!

thuglike

Reaction score
Just some food for thought for those about to start an upgrade similar to the OP's..............

Attachments

• 7.3-turbo.jpg
    7.3-turbo.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 141

thuglike

Reaction score
The kit can be broken up into individual components but the entire kit w/ turbo is gonna ballpark around 4000.00. Pensils are getting sharpened right now so it will prob. come in a little bit cheaper but figure on a 4k worst case tag.

Swaan

Reaction score
That's a very very nice looking compleat kit!! I like the two piece down pipe. Nice touch!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.