Taking flares off need help with rims/tires for 6.4L

randy_4life

Reaction score
Hey all im not feeling the fender flares and rims that came on my 08 6.4L..

currently got a 3inch lift not sure what brand? 325/60R20 GY duratracs and unknown rims I hate the off set of the rims which makes the truck need the damn flares! My question is will the same size tires fit on a different offset rim that wouldn't need fender flares for?

I really like the factory 20's and might get a set of them since my truck didn't come with them :( im doubting the 325 would fit but would be super happy if they would?

TripleE44

Reaction score
I ran that size tire in a terra grappler on a stock 08 20'' wheel on my 08. It was fine. You'll have to play with the tire pressure to get it to wear evenly, but it was fine. Technically, that size tire wants like a 9'' wheel minimum but it will still work.

Be prepared taking off those flares though, depending on how long they were on there you'll more than likely have scratches in the paint from them. Might be a smarter idea if you painted them blue to match the truck...

B.Warning

Reaction score
Like triple e said, more than likely those flares rubbed threw the clear coat and into the paint. I had pocket style flares on my kr and when I removed them it was clear to primer in a few spots. But had a rub mark all the way around the fender. Most of it buffed out but some spots were to far gone.

randy_4life

Reaction score
TripleE44- thanks I keep honestly forgetting about painting the flares, that might jus be the answer! im gonna get them painted then go from there much cheaper ! wont stand out as much and that's what I hated about them! paint flares for the win :)

Latest posts

Members online