Talk me out of it.

Reaction score
So I went to a couple stealerships today to look and see what they had for a used 6.7

I've honestly never looked into these trucks before because I was too busy with my 7.3, so my knowledge is fairly limited on them.

I looked at a couple 14s-15s. Is there any specific issue(s) a certain year has to look for? Or any year to stay away form?

Thanks.

Bruski

Reaction score
I just got a 15. Only thing I've read is that mini Maxx won't work on 15s. Have to use ezlynk. Which seems to be a good tuner

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I just got a 15. Only thing I've read is that mini Maxx won't work on 15s. Have to use ezlynk. Which seems to be a good tuner

I figured now was as good of time as ever since the '17s just came out. As soon as the warranty is up I'll do all the go-fast stuff.

Bruski

Reaction score
BTW love the truck so far. Thing is amazing comfy and all around great features. I got the gem green two tone

WHY NOT

Reaction score
the 15's have a better turbo than the 14's and lower and are capable of more power. The 6.7 so far seems to be a very reliable platform and seems to handle high milage well.

Bruski

Reaction score
I figured now was as good of time as ever since the '17s just came out. As soon as the warranty is up I'll do all the go-fast stuff.
I said the same thing but already planning to do top 3. (Intake tune and exhaust ) buddy of mine says these things are great trucks. And if they are going to break it's not going to be because of aftermarket stuff ... he said if it's going to fail it's going to happen regardless

Reaction score
the 15's have a better turbo than the 14's and lower and are capable of more power. The 6.7 so far seems to be a very reliable platform and seems to handle high milage well.

That's kinda what I was thinking too.. They've been out for awhile and I haven't heard too many bad things about them. That's why I figured I'd ask here just to be sure I'm not missing something.

Reaction score
I said the same thing but already planning to do top 3. (Intake tune and exhaust ) buddy of mine says these things are great trucks. And if they are going to break it's not going to be because of aftermarket stuff ... he said if it's going to fail it's going to happen regardless

Doesn't it void the warranty?

Bruski

Reaction score
Ehhhhhh lol evidently the exhaust just voids the emissions bull****. And then the tuner does leave a foot print but was told it isn't really looked for unless there is a catastrophic failure

gnxtc2

Reaction score
So I went to a couple stealerships today to look and see what they had for a used 6.7

I've honestly never looked into these trucks before because I was too busy with my 7.3, so my knowledge is fairly limited on them.

I looked at a couple 14s-15s. Is there any specific issue(s) a certain year has to look for? Or any year to stay away form?

Thanks.

Stick with a '15-'16 as they have more HP and better turbo.

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/coffeetablebooks.html

Billy T.
[email protected]

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I was just messing with you, we all said that at one point in time. Mine has been missing parts for 65K now, my dealer was ok with stuff, but never had to use them for anything. Its past its 5yr/100K now though anyways. I would bet at least 50% of all of us said we are gonna wait to do stuff to it and never made it past 10K miles

PDT1081

Reaction score
Stick with a '15-'16 as they have more HP and better turbo.

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/coffeetablebooks.html

Billy T.
[email protected]
And the 11-14s have a better transmission. If you're coming from a 7.3, only argument to try and talk you out of it is your 7.3 is paid off. Otherwise, nobody is going to talk you out of it. I came from a 7.3 and there is no comparison. 7.3 isn't a bad engine, but the 6.7 is so much more refined. And the truck around it is leaps and bounds above the 7.3 era.

Reaction score
I was just messing with you, we all said that at one point in time. Mine has been missing parts for 65K now, my dealer was ok with stuff, but never had to use them for anything. Its past its 5yr/100K now though anyways. I would bet at least 50% of all of us said we are gonna wait to do stuff to it and never made it past 10K miles
gotcha, I thought if they had any suspicion it was modded then they would void any warranty. Thanks. I've never owned a newer truck with a warranty so it's all gonna be new to me.

And the 11-14s have a better transmission. If you're coming from a 7.3, only argument to try and talk you out of it is your 7.3 is paid off. Otherwise, nobody is going to talk you out of it. I came from a 7.3 and there is no comparison. 7.3 isn't a bad engine, but the 6.7 is so much more refined. And the truck around it is leaps and bounds above the 7.3 era.
I'll be keeping my 96 and swapping all the parts from my 97 over. I want that for a weekend driver and occasionally hit the drag strip with it. I don't plan on doing any heavy mods to the 6.7 (for now). What did they change in the transmission to make it worse?

TyCorr

Reaction score
On a stock truck it probably doesnt matter. On a tuned rig its probably the difference between a good trans and ine that is just ok. David (jomax) says he has no issues despite that.

Latest posts

Members online