Tansmission Pressure Gauge

TooMuch03

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a transmission pressure gauge in the 5r110? Where did you put the sending unit or what would be the best location for it?

TooMuch03

Reaction score
That's waht I was thinking, I had a temporary gauge in there after my tranny was built. Is that safe for a permanent location, leakage wise?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Im using the test port for a trans line pressure gauge, but i use a 500 psi mechanical refrigerant gauge to see pressure. Need a 500psi minimum gauge to be safe, which is what doug told me.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
Why do you want a pressure gauge? What use does it have? What is it showing you?

I have had pressure gauges in that port and got rid of them. They didn't show me anything useful, but I wasn't a casual user. I was engineering the transmission at the time. I replaced the gauge with a pressure transducer that fed into a data collection system so that I could plot the pressure during an event, such as a shift. Then it made sense, but just looking at a gauge all it did was jump all over the scale.

TooMuch03

Reaction score
The reason I want a pressure gauge is because after I had my transmission built, the builder hooked up a pressure gauge and saw that my pressures were jumping up and down just cruising on a level road at a constant speed while the truck was tuned. When the truck was back to tstock, the pressures stayed pretty much constant. When accelerating in stock form, the pressure would increase, shift then decrease back to the normal level and stay constant. While tuned the pressure during acceleration would increase eradically, then drop way down, shift and actually rise back to around the level it was at just cruising, but it never stayed very constant. My trans builder was concerned about the stress the pressure fluctuations would be putting on the components. I would like to have a pressure gauge so that when i try to get my tuning figured out I can be sure that this is not happening.

Judging by your sig, I would bet you know a fair amount more about the 5r110 than I do so if you don't mind me asking, do you think the pressure fluctuations are a problem, and what might be causing them?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.