Tapping sound at idle...

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
After the first oil change, I have a, audible tapping sound, that is coming from the bottom of the motor.... YAY! I heard that there is a TSB about it, but is anyone else having this?

I figure that I have 22 k on her already, with no loss of power, or mileage. And it is not getting worse.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Yeah, I figured that it wasn't a bad thing, just no one around here has a 6.7 to compare to. I wonder why it did not do it from the factory, on the factory oil.... I have been putting the ford stuff in it, since the first change... I wonder if it is some sort of friction modifier or grease from the factory that keeps it from happening...

BFinMO

Reaction score
....I figure that I have 22 k on her already, with no loss of power, or mileage. And it is not getting worse.

This makes me nervous as I have yet to hear this ticking, 25k, and I just changed the oil. Is it going to eventually show up?

TripleE44

Reaction score
This makes me nervous as I have yet to hear this ticking, 25k, and I just changed the oil. Is it going to eventually show up?

So you're nervous because your truck doesn't make the random tapping/ticking noise? That seems bass-ackwards.

01PSD

Reaction score
Seems like I remember the manufacturer of the injectors announcing it was normal? Or is this issue totally separate?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.