technical fuel question, for the smart guys

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
lets take a 100% injector.

at WFO, what is the gph or gpm of the ENTIRE HIGH PRESSURE SYSTEM, between the high pressure pump/pumps and the rail, at lets say 27k pressure.

also, what is the preferred micron rating of the final fuel filter in the supply system?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
lets take a 100% injector.

at WFO, what is the gph or gpm of the ENTIRE HIGH PRESSURE SYSTEM, between the high pressure pump/pumps and the rail, at lets say 27k pressure.

also, what is the preferred micron rating of the final fuel filter in the supply system?

obviously different for a single or dual pump setup. i assume dual pumps are maxxed out around 200 gph .. as some believe the factory dual k16 system is completely out of fuel at 1600 or so horse.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
Are you trying to spec out a high pressure filter?

been looking at them for a while now, working with a few to see about getting one. it just makes sense. even a couple hundred dollars for a filter, is a lot cheaper than a couple grand for a trashed fuel system.

most of the way there, just need a few specs to give and see about a cost

what type of fittings do the lines use, that tie the pumps to the hard lines?

is it a standard JIC, or whats the name of the type of fitting. and how's a guy get a sample of it, if it is special.

and if that 200 gph is a good number, then that's what i'll roll with.

though, isn't the airdog used just a 165? or whats elites stg 2 fuel pump put out for gph? the HP system will be less than that.

09stroker

Reaction score
been looking at them for a while now, working with a few to see about getting one. it just makes sense. even a couple hundred dollars for a filter, is a lot cheaper than a couple grand for a trashed fuel system.

most of the way there, just need a few specs to give and see about a cost

what type of fittings do the lines use, that tie the pumps to the hard lines?

is it a standard JIC, or whats the name of the type of fitting. and how's a guy get a sample of it, if it is special.

and if that 200 gph is a good number, then that's what i'll roll with.

though, isn't the airdog used just a 165? or whats elites stg 2 fuel pump put out for gph? the HP system will be less than that.

Definitely not JIC, they are type M if I'm not mistaken.

One thing I was wondering is are you going to tie both lines exiting the HPFP together to the filter then split them back up to go to the heads?

Another thing you should look at is pressure drop across the filter.
I had looked into it a while back and it wasn't worth it to me. But who knows it may be with it to you.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
were getting there.

there is alot that goes into inquiring about a filter, specially one that needs to operate at the pressures involved in your application.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
preliminary discussions with several manufacturers of high pressure filters, puts it somewhere $800+, likely over $1k+, for a filter to do what we need it to do.

the pressure and micron rating is cheap to achieve, its the gph thats expensive.

still conversing, though.

Latest posts

Members online