Test drive gone wrong!!

ricg

Reaction score
well i got my part from ICON today, to fix my "death wobble", and it worked great. I took it out on a little test drive to see how it would hold up to some heavy pot holes and it didnt miss a beat. However I was overly excited about the situatuion and started driving the truck a little harder than normal. I did about 2 launches with a fellow PSA member and heard a faint whistle on the second launch. Didnt think much of it until i pulled in the drive way. I heard a sound, almost like a knock but not real loud, when i got out of the truck I got a sniff of that ,ole so familiar smell that the 6.0 gave me. Coolant all over the finder well, under the hood, and all under the truck. I looked under the truck and seen what looks like a tell tell sign of a blown head gasket.. So MERRY CHRISTMAS to me!! Time for studs i guess..

weazel

Reaction score
Bummer, sorry man, could be worse. At least you didn't crash it

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

Bair

Reaction score
I thought you were gonna say you wrecked it!! Enough of those kind of threads recently. Glad it was ONLY head gaskets, but too bad anyway.

HD F250

Reaction score
That sucks, I hope you can afford to add a few go fast goodies along with studs while you are cab off.

Racer X

Reaction score
Ouch... That is bum luck when fixing one weak link immediately exposes another!

Dkrazykracker32

Reaction score
I know the feeling. Mine let go two days after stepping up to a 250hp tune but use it as an excuse to step it up.

ricg

Reaction score
True it could have been alot worse, the bad thing is just the timing.. so my goodies will have to wait. Im going to limp it to PSE tomorrow and let Dorian look it over.. If they are blown I will finally be doing the studs and the delete..

B585Ford

Reaction score
True it could have been alot worse, the bad thing is just the timing.. so my goodies will have to wait. Im going to limp it to PSE tomorrow and let Dorian look it over.. If they are blown I will finally be doing the studs and the delete..

If I hadn't blown mine I would still be on stock turbo's...its a blessing in disguise. Now if my HPFP would give up, I will really be in business.:D

ricg

Reaction score
Got the ole truck to the shop on Saturday with no overheating or puking. Now just waiting on the phone call that tells me what went wrong and the amount of money Im about to spend to get it right.. lol

ricg

Reaction score
I've heard nothing but great things about him as well.. I got a chance too talk with Dorian Saturday and he's cool as a fan.. Real down to earth kinda guy..

Dkrazykracker32

Reaction score
Dorian and his guys are great bud. He'll keep you updated every step of the way. I was so satisfied I dropped off two cases of BudLite when I picked up the truck. Can't compliment him enough! PSE FTW!

ricg

Reaction score
a little update!! I was right about the HG's so now while its under the knife looks like I'll be adding a new oil cooler, egr delete, of course studs, 5" exhaust, and a s&b intake for now. lets see what else I can get the wife to agree on.. lol

Latest posts

Members online