Test mule build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne

Reaction score
I don't plan on leaving this place. I have had more than a dozen different power strokes over the years. When I get them built how I want, I get bored, sell them, and move on to the next one. I know I'm not the only guy like that on this forum. The only motor I personally haven't had is the 6.7, so converting my excursion to that will be next on the list. Unfortunately that won't be happening at least until next year after I'm done in North Dakota. Once this truck sells, I'll probably pick up an abused 6.0 to just bomb around in in the mean time.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I don't plan on leaving this place. I have had more than a dozen different power strokes over the years. When I get them built how I want, I get bored, sell them, and move on to the next one. I know I'm not the only guy like that on this forum. The only motor I personally haven't had is the 6.7, so converting my excursion to that will be next on the list. Unfortunately that won't be happening at least until next year after I'm done in North Dakota. Once this truck sells, I'll probably pick up an abused 6.0 to just bomb around in in the mean time.

Be careful with that last part... Lol

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Well Wayne its going to be a shame to see Buford go. Its been a good test mule and between you and the truck there has been a lot of great info/data shared to all of us here on a quest for more power! I have to say thanks a lot man for all of the info and advise, while my checking account says d@mn youLOL. Good luck with whatever you have going on!

Wayne

Reaction score
Truck is no longer for sale, at least through next spring :evil I'm gonna do a few more mods between now and then, but just not sure of what.

Wayne

Reaction score
Tell me about it! :fustrate: I just got tired of having crappy luck with the sale, and while watching some dpc vids decided to just pull the sale plug if they would officially let me apply now that I technically meet the non vendor requirements. They said yes, and now you don't have to hear me whine about not selling it for a while. I don't even have any big plans for it between now and then. Probably some ala's, upgraded shocks, ati damper, 5" exhaust, maybe a better rear locker, 35's, nitrous, and freshening stuff for peace of mind if I actually get the invite. Now to break the news to my wife :lookaround:

kdsf350

Reaction score
Good to here your keeping her for a while Wayne. I know some headlights that would look good. My truck build got more expensive Derek ordered the Z-max ported intake & Elite Ported Heads. Mine were we're toast, to many cracks. So much for a cheap build.
I think our trucks would look together next time your in Oregon giving the Dodge boys a dose of 1/4 mile envy:D Red Trucks Kick A$$.

Crack85

Reaction score
Good to here your keeping her for a while Wayne. I know some headlights that would look good. My truck build got more expensive Derek ordered the Z-max ported intake & Elite Ported Heads. Mine were we're toast, to many cracks. So much for a cheap build.
I think our trucks would look together next time your in Oregon giving the Dodge boys a dose of 1/4 mile envy:D Red Trucks Kick A$$.

Derail...u going to have a build thread?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Tell me about it! :fustrate: I just got tired of having crappy luck with the sale, and while watching some dpc vids decided to just pull the sale plug if they would officially let me apply now that I technically meet the non vendor requirements. They said yes, and now you don't have to hear me whine about not selling it for a while. I don't even have any big plans for it between now and then. Probably some ala's, upgraded shocks, ati damper, 5" exhaust, maybe a better rear locker, 35's, nitrous, and freshening stuff for peace of mind if I actually get the invite. Now to break the news to my wife :lookaround:
Thats what I like to hear.

Dibs on a position in the pits. You already know you have our support!

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Thats great news! I'm glad your keeping it for now at least. If your in the voting ballot you have my vote for sure! Good luck with it Wayne!

HD F250

Reaction score
Wayne., glad to see Buford staying in the family for a while and look forward to seeing if you get the nod for DPC. So many good trucks this year, so I am waiting a year. Besides, you can't be in my pit if you are busy working in yours. LOL

Wayne

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words guys. Kevin, you just made me need to add one thing to my build list. Now I need the ported intake I was supposed to be testing, or at least an equivalent. I'm glad you still have me in mind for pit crew Joe. Your silver ride is gonna be flat out nasty unlike your black one which is only regular nasty :evil. You don't need me to tell you that though, do you? Dpc voting attempt #2 under way :rockon:

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
so you can submit the same truck as many times as it takes to get accepted, year after year, but then when it's accepted, it can only be in it once, unless you win??

that right?

Diesel23

Reaction score
Very cool!! Was thinking about Buford the other day, glad you had a change of heart!! Any tread left on them 38's? :)

Wayne

Reaction score
Plans changed again for the truck, and the testing chapter is definitely gone, and done with. You guys might not believe it's the same truck, but this is Buford as it sits now:
IMG_20131223_131910_175.jpg

A friend of mine bought a nearly identical truck in stock form, and bribed me out of all the cosmetic stuff I've done to the truck. I was on the fence about attempting to compete in dpc when his offer came along to buy all my stuff in exchange for stock components. There are a lot of good guys with well built trucks attempting to compete, and I'd rather support them, and save money I would otherwise spend prepping for, and competing in dpc on my 6.4 excursion conversion project. I withdrew my name for considration a few days before they decided on the finalists though. One thing is for sure: I really miss my OUO traction bars. I forgot how awesome they are until they had to go as they were incorporated in the lift. I will definitely be buying new ones for the excursion as it gets closer. The rear end was totally stable with them at all times, and now with all the power on little tires and no bars it gets really sketchy in a hurry if I use much throttle. I guess I just need to drive a little nicer until stock drive train goes in, and the truck finds a new home if that's the way it works out. Buford's been an excellent truck for me, but one 6.4 at a time is enough, and now it's time to close this chapter, and start another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online