The 6.0 5R100 Trans Rebuild thread

Jarrod B

Reaction score
Basically who is or are the ones to get a decent 5r100 rebuild or get parts from?

All I've heard suncoast is good and bad and bts is for 4R.

I already have signs that mine will need attention down the road so I thought it was time to look into this stuff. Didn't see many threads on trans on this site or section.

Last edited:

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
Spend the money to get it done right, trust me, after tranny number 4 or 5 it gets expensive, QUICK! I finally threw a stocker back in. I've thought about buying Elites kit and try it myself in the future, but I'm still nervous about epening up a 5R.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
I thought BTS has had quite a few failures lately? Not sure if it was a bad batch of parts or what...

could have been a bad batch, i can honestly say for the hell my truck went through im surprised i didnt break more.

just got a fresh go through with it and a new converter with some updated parts.

brians warranty/customer service is hard to beat.

Jarrod B

Reaction score
What the hell did you do now Jarrod?

idk. prolly age + 161k + previous owner with gooseneck trailers + me and race tunes.........

It has those 3-5 shift flares when tuned. From what I've read and asked many is the early sign of a dying trans.

had the trans fluid changed at ford some weeks ago and the magnet was decent.

Last edited:

STROKER

Reaction score
Im by no means a trans expert but could it be just the overdrive solonoid? Does it have any shudder when its in reverse?

java

Reaction score
My brother has an elite trans in his 6.4 and it has been great so far.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
I put a Warren built unit in mine and it's working great. built just as stout as the unit in Jesse's pull truck (800+ on fuel) with billet input and billet triple disk tc. shifts firm with no flares so far and is not as expensive as the Elite and BTS transmissions. just another option to look at.

that being said, i'd definitely toss an upgraded DD solenoid in there first and see if that helps before dropping coin on a whole trans.

Stroker04

Reaction score
Your not the only one. Mine started doing the same thing and its slipping in high gear when I roll into the throttle. Idk if its the trans or torque converter though.

MorganY

Reaction score
You'll be fine Jarrod with a suncoast (red eagle clutches) or raybestos clutches, Transgo HD shift kit, and a solid converter. Unless you plan on being north of 600hp

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.