the "deployment" build

Joshbaker

Reaction score
Well I go on deployment next year and the wife said i get to build the truck. So this is the list of what im thinking of getting for it. You can see what I already have done to the truck in my sig.

Banks technicooler setup
Driven Diesel RR
Divided T4 up pipes
ARP head studs
New OEM gaskets
Non- VGT tubro
Bigger injectors (i have 155/30), not sure on this yet

Anything else i should look at getting also? Looking to make somewhere in the range of 550-575hp. Also want it to be able to be daily driver.

JGman141

Reaction score
Well I go on deployment next year and the wife said i get to build the truck. So this is the list of what im thinking of getting for it. You can see what I already have done to the truck in my sig.

Banks technicooler setup
Driven Diesel RR
Divided T4 up pipes
ARP head studs
New OEM gaskets
Non- VGT tubro
Bigger injectors (i have 155/30), not sure on this yet

Anything else i should look at getting also? Looking to make somewhere in the range of 550-575hp. Also want it to be able to be daily driver.

If your going for 550-575 then you better add a built transmission and convertor to the list

Joshbaker

Reaction score
So i think i have it narrowed down.

S362
Divided up pipes
190/75's
Studs w/new OEM gaskets
BPD oil cooler

I think this could be a great truck to play with and DD.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Just talked to the guys at Mike's diesel performance and looks like ill be one happy mofo when i get back from deployment next year.

Good call. I wouldn't hesitate sending anybody to Mike. Good dude and quality shop.

Joshbaker

Reaction score
He said that he going to set me up right. I told him what i have planned and the power im looking for and how i want it to drive. Looking for a non vgt quick azz DD. First thing he said about the setup was he will get me their and that the s362 190/75 would be a hot setup but he has some ideas so ill see what he comes up with. He said biggest he would go on a 362 is 175/100's. Seems to be a legit dude. Only bad part is he also built a few of my buds trucks and he knows how we role lol, although that might not be a bad thing haha

Joshbaker

Reaction score
Oh and was also wondering if i should get a billet input and TC? and if i do get a TC should i get a different stall then stock (1800 stock stall).

Joshbaker

Reaction score
What do you mean by built correctly? And would a reg s362 act differently then a FMW s362? And injectors are being built by either full force or RCD. I currently have RCD injectors.

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
He said that he going to set me up right. I told him what i have planned and the power im looking for and how i want it to drive. Looking for a non vgt quick azz DD. First thing he said about the setup was he will get me their and that the s362 190/75 would be a hot setup but he has some ideas so ill see what he comes up with. He said biggest he would go on a 362 is 175/100's. Seems to be a legit dude. Only bad part is he also built a few of my buds trucks and he knows how we role lol, although that might not be a bad thing haha

Not sure I understand this. Are they implying the latter of those are larger simply based on volume size alone?

What do you mean by built correctly? And would a reg s362 act differently then a FMW s362? And injectors are being built by either full force or RCD. I currently have RCD injectors.

There's a couple ways to get more fuel from injectors. There's different opinions as to which ways are the "right" ways and some ways have different affects than others. There's plugged spill ports, non-plugg spill ports, shimming the spool valves, etc. Different folks do them differently. That could be what Greg is referring to.

Joshbaker

Reaction score
Im pretty sure RCD knows what they are doing. And as for injectors/turbo sizing i was just relaying what i was told by mike. In the end i just want a well built fun truck somewhere in the 500-550hp range that can DD.

Anybody have any advice on changing the torque converter ant input shaft? higher stall?

MorganY

Reaction score
Im pretty sure RCD knows what they are doing. And as for injectors/turbo sizing i was just relaying what i was told by mike. In the end i just want a well built fun truck somewhere in the 500-550hp range that can DD.

Anybody have any advice on changing the torque converter ant input shaft? higher stall?

Yes, they do. Wasn't talking about them

Input shaft is never a bad idea, inexpensive too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Yes, they do. Wasn't talking about them

Input shaft is never a bad idea, inexpensive too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

yup, and stick with RCD if that's what you currently are running. We can also look them over for you and make some changes if you're interested in going another route.

The fmw 362 is definitely a nicer charger for the price. Upgraded thrust bearing, and a billet wheel, and not all that much more expensive either. definitely the route i'd go.

Joshbaker

Reaction score
Didnt figure you were.

Greg, what would this other route be? And since RCD just rebuilt mine not even a year ago and did what ever they do to make the injectors 155/30 can i just send these in again or would i need a stock set?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online