The Official PSA Duramax gets Built Ford Tough!

OBS F350

Reaction score
May have missed it but what is done power adders wise to your truck? My buddy has an 06 with the MPI 68/80 compounds, 40% nozzles, and other odds and ends. Truck has went 11.8. It has a 6 inch lift and 35's and he hauls his 44 foot toy hauler everywhere with it. After driving his truck it was definitely hard to get back behind the wheel of my truck LOL.

Truck looks awesome Jason!

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
May have missed it but what is done power adders wise to your truck? My buddy has an 06 with the MPI 68/80 compounds, 40% nozzles, and other odds and ends. Truck has went 11.8. It has a 6 inch lift and 35's and he hauls his 44 foot toy hauler everywhere with it. After driving his truck it was definitely hard to get back behind the wheel of my truck LOL.

Truck looks awesome Jason!

Danville 72mm VGT, S483 atmosphere, 60% sticks, Exergy stroker CP3, my own unique fuel system based on a Fuelab pump, Profab cast manifolds and pro-flow up-pipes, bridge, Spearco IC, etc.... I had MPI compounds on it since 2008 - I reused a lot of the kit, made some changes in some areas. I was one of the first to have a 3.0 atmosphere with a modded VGT charger (2008).

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
The trailer doesn't sit as nose high as I thought it was going to! I want to hear how it rides, I may have to copy some of your rear suspension for my truck. Tired of it riding like a bread truck.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
The trailer doesn't sit as nose high as I thought it was going to! I want to hear how it rides, I may have to copy some of your rear suspension for my truck. Tired of it riding like a bread truck.

It towed awesome. The ride was about perfect with 100psi in my air bags and that load on the trailer. Running home empty I dropped the bags to 60psi. Honestly the truck definitely needs a little tuning done to her - I got the shift points close, but they still could use some improvement here and there. I had to keep the RPMs up to make the motor happy with the bigger chargers and the current tuning. I did get into a couple of shudders that I think were tuning related and there was two roads that sucked... they had just the right spacing between the expansions joints to cause a little bit of a harmonic - but it wasn't hateful like it was before the suspension changes (these trucks are known for harmonics when pulling trailer on interstate..... I70 just east of Indianapolis will jar the teeth loose in your head..... ). It definitely still needs sway bars - but it did OK without them.

All in all - I'm happy with it. I will be working on the tuning, getting the sway bars installed (they sit in the shop) and then I'll probably be doing a gear swap before next spring to help things a little bit - I'm not using 6th gear at all even in DD duties..... with the little extra engine RPMs I need to keep things happy with the chargers I don't even want to let it go into 6th until something like 80mph for cruising.

FTKRayJr

Reaction score
would you hook those steps up already, its been long enough :poke:

For anyone wanting proof of towing - this will be my first load with the truck on Saturday - headed to Northern Indiana.

17793_544818142239568_29310973_n.jpg

FTKRayJr

Reaction score
Its on the list.... that was suppose to be one of the things I did last sunday before my weekend got shot all to hell..... I should get it done this sunday though.... I hope.

Just giving ya a hard time, I know there isn't enough time in a day to get everything done

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
just seen a pic of a t-case change out... what happened?

live life full throttle

Its an ongoing problem that I have had since I got this build on the road..... The tcase was custom built for the application and it quite frankly has an odd scenario where if coasting under load (such as downhill) where the engine is trying to hold the truck back - the tcase would slip and grind on occasion. It took me nearly a month of trying to catch it on film for further diagnosis by the supplier. Here is the video: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=523588544362528&l=7147273876335427290

12stroker

Reaction score
I just listened to your video.yes it does sound like the tcase is trying to engage. When I had my lifted dmax it did it a few times and it was the acuator that was messed up I believe. It would do it while under a load hauling it would bind up.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Holy hell, I must not have watched it when you first put the vid on facebook. That is indeed cringeworthy.

On a side note, there's a sweet ford in that picture of the Tcase swap.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Well as everyone probably knows I ended up not going to Ennis this year for a whole host of reasons, but since I was home and still on vacation to use it up (and get some stuff caught up at the farm) - I decided to set up a little appointment over at Danville Performance for some dyno tuning. While it seems very possible that I have a boost leak because of the significantly lower boost on the dyno than on the street, I'm not complaining about how the truck runs and drives at all even if the numbers on the rollers are a bit on the light side.

Here are my dyno runs from my tuning session out at Danville Performance on Friday. The truck has 37x13.50 tires and 4.10 gears so the runs were made in 4th gear to keep tire speed down and also the load considering the truck still has a stock bottom end. There is a possibility that I have a boost leak that I need confirm and locate simply because we were only getting about 30psi of boost on the rollers with the load cell maxed out - it could also have to do with unique combo of parts on the truck. I see 45psi of boost on the street. After we were done with these runs we did make one run in 5th gear in the big tune - the torque came up quite a bit with fattening out the bottom end and picking up power along the curve and just marginally shifting the peak power from the 4th gear run. I'm sure that there are those that will say the numbers on the piece of paper produced by the tuning tool sound low for my combo - I'm OK with it. It runs awesome and it is still a stock bottom end truck that runs very clean. I'm very happy with the setup. S483/72mm VGT compunds, 60% sticks, 10mm CP3 pump, lots of air in and air out type parts, etc.... max pulse of 1900us.

1119799_565087973545918_1507849986_o.jpg

1233160_565106560210726_1675852743_o.jpg

Latest posts

Members online