Think its time for a BTS..

TyCorr

Reaction score
You guys, I appreciate the voices of wisdom. I am getting frustrated or I was at least. I know he's busy and I am glad there is somebody like him out there but Im sorry, I cant be on my phone at work all day. Its hard to take calls pertaining to work let alone me making calls every five minutes for a trans.

The one that bugged me the most was them saying they'd call me back in few minutes and I waited three hours and called them back....no answer..If they are there that late, its even more odd that they wouldnt call someone back who said "as soon as you can get me in."

@lincolnlocker-I havent given up. Buuuut Im almost ready to. Ive called a bunch of people and Id like a JW but they are outta my price range. Im not dropping 8g's for a trans. Racer x is a possibility at this point. Ive got to call David Lott before I do anything and see what he has to offer.

TyCorr

Reaction score
good luck with BTS, its on my wish list thats for sure..

Mine too. Its proving to be near impossible to get ahold of them. Although another poster in my racerx thread said he called and got them on the first try. Said he could go Aug. 28th and have it done there. Although he has since admitted he doesnt know if its gonna happen, per wife approval. Mine is on board so no worries there. In fact she is asking me what we're gonna do with it next. Seems she's got the mod bug too.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Gave em another call today at 9:30 am , CST. Nobody answered. I guess Im gonna close this one. I cant get ahold of em for nothin!

There was another poster in a different thread who was givin me chit about them answering his call, first attempt, and I wasnt 'trying hard enough'(but calling once was considered trying?) to reach them. He was rambling on about getting his oil done there, a turbo upgrade, and some tuning...etc..I asked him for his name and info in a pm and said I was going to call and reference him and he changed tune. Well I dont know if I can get the trans. My wife is mad and she said "its me or the trans.." well if he cant get the trans alone, how is he gonna get a turbo, tuner, and huuuge hpop system too?

People spreading bs to make another person bad/stupid/lazy/uninformed/etc...WHY? Whats the point? Im wondering if he even called?

TyCorr

Reaction score
If I opt for the BTS Ill get it from Cary and have it shipped to my house cuz Ill be doing it myself. That way I can source the cooler(6L probably, or a gigantic 69k btu Hayden) and lines before I get the trans.

You mods can lock this puppy up. Nothing more to be gained in this one.

dmd

Reaction score
You dont need to talk to Brian to make an appt. I called and said I want a trans
and I was in 2 weeks later.

They will clean the 6.0 cooler if you have one and it is salvageable. Go with what he
recommends and you will not be sorry. I am always amazed how much cooler and
how much it will hold on in places that stock would get hot right away. Pulling the TT
is not a worry even in 100+ in town weather.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Their are only 2 experts..BTS and JW..the other guy isn't a expert except for selling radios....he sells parts...want more to the story call JW..

TURTLE

Reaction score
Is that what new ones are going for on ebay? Seems like I saw some on there that were at least 300. Im not trying to knock the guys advice. Not at all! But thats a hard part to swallow. It doesnt seem like a great part...not good enough to be putting in front of a trans like Brian builds. But I am comint to terms with my issue.

Get a true cool trans cooler. I have one for mine and it was actually recomended to me by Brian. Only like $130.00. My tranny never gets above 190. usually stays around that 160-170 except when the outside temp is 105....

TyCorr

Reaction score
I am looking into the tru-cool buddy! I am leaning back towards the BTS again. Ill just have to be militant and maybe even get ignorant for a second to get em to give me a minute of their time. No I wont get ignorant but it shouldnt be so diff to get ahold of someone who sells something you need.

Where is a good/site supportive/convenient place to look at the trucools?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Their are only 2 experts..BTS and JW..the other guy isn't a expert except for selling radios....he sells parts...want more to the story call JW..

Cary, I value your opinion, Im gonna look into this. By me calling JW, you have no vested interest so Im guessing you're trying to let me get all the available information before I throw 5 grand into the wind?

Thank you!

TURTLE

Reaction score
I am looking into the tru-cool buddy! I am leaning back towards the BTS again. Ill just have to be militant and maybe even get ignorant for a second to get em to give me a minute of their time. No I wont get ignorant but it shouldnt be so diff to get ahold of someone who sells something you need.

Where is a good/site supportive/convenient place to look at the trucools?
I got mine here.

http://www.transmissioncoolers.us/M...Store_Code=T&Category_Code=trucool-MAX-cooler

TurboM700

Reaction score
You could alawys to a ZF-6 swap and not have to worry about a transmission again:thumbsup:

I feel your pain as I'm getting close to being in the same boat as you(looking for a transmission). Mine not out yet but like a 4r100 with any kind of HP behind it, its only a matter of time.

I'm having a hard time spending 5k on a truck that is worth maybe 15k. In my mind that just seem crazy. I guess i would rather sell my truck for 15k and take another 10k and buy a 6.4.

It a tough decision. Latly I have been looking a wrecked 99-03 SD with a ZF-6 and switching mine over and then sell my auto with the harness and computer.

Good luck if I end up stay with a Auto i will be going to BTS no questions about that.

Mike

TyCorr

Reaction score
You could alawys to a ZF-6 swap and not have to worry about a transmission again:thumbsup:

I feel your pain as I'm getting close to being in the same boat as you(looking for a transmission). Mine not out yet but like a 4r100 with any kind of HP behind it, its only a matter of time.

I'm having a hard time spending 5k on a truck that is worth maybe 15k. In my mind that just seem crazy. I guess i would rather sell my truck for 15k and take another 10k and buy a 6.4.

It a tough decision. Latly I have been looking a wrecked 99-03 SD with a ZF-6 and switching mine over and then sell my auto with the harness and computer.

Good luck if I end up stay with a Auto i will be going to BTS no questions about that.

Mike

Local GMC dealer just sold a e99 dually cc psd that had 160k on it for 23k. Gone the day after it was traded.

Ive not seen a 6.4 truck for 25k! I see lariats/kr/harley truck for 40, firm. Stiiiiill!! I saw an xl with a stick for 26k....

I gave up on a newer truck...06 6L cc/lb with exhaust and cai for sale in Peru, IL for 28k...

I can dump ten or so into mine and Ill get 20g's for it. No worries. IF I ever want to sell it... Probably not though :thumbsup:

TyCorr

Reaction score
It depends on where you are at!

Go to cars.com and put filters in your search for a 99-03, 7.3L. Get ready to see retarded $$ if theres anything low miles and a cc. I posted some three months ago on the other site.

TurboM700

Reaction score
Local GMC dealer just sold a e99 dually cc psd that had 160k on it for 23k. Gone the day after it was traded.

Ive not seen a 6.4 truck for 25k! I see lariats/kr/harley truck for 40, firm. Stiiiiill!! I saw an xl with a stick for 26k....

I gave up on a newer truck...06 6L cc/lb with exhaust and cai for sale in Peru, IL for 28k...

I can dump ten or so into mine and Ill get 20g's for it. No worries. IF I ever want to sell it... Probably not though :thumbsup:

Heck I have walked away from 3 cc sb 08 lariet with 70k or less miles on them for less the 30k this was just in the last 3 months.

Your right about the 7.3l they do go for a pretty penny but I think I would be hard pressed to get 20k for my truck and I have less then 100k on her.

But like you said dont think I could get rid of her she does the job I ask her to do and does it well. Plus I only but about 5k a year on her and that makes it even harder to part with 10k out of my wallet.

Good luck with the BTS im sure it will will work out in the end.

Mike

TyCorr

Reaction score
Heck I have walked away from 3 cc sb 08 lariet with 70k or less miles on them for less the 30k this was just in the last 3 months.

Your right about the 7.3l they do go for a pretty penny but I think I would be hard pressed to get 20k for my truck and I have less then 100k on her.

Mike

This all may be true but you wont find that around here. I found an 08 with 156k and it was sniffing thirty grand. Jade green/tan lariat...

Its also around here that 7.3's are going for over 20 if they are clean...my .02.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.