This 6.4 exhaust sounds like a 6.0..how?

jdgleason

Reaction score
Must change the position on the turbo vanes. Maybe they made a manual controller like some guys do to put vgt chargers on non vgt trucks. :confused:

superstroked

Reaction score
It sounds farkin sweet...could it hurt anything running like that? And...how do you do it..lol

Also...I have a muffler on the truck that came with the flow pro system(twister I think). I have a delete as well...Could anyone tell me how much lounder it would make it in cab and outside in the stock position with the delete?

jdgleason

Reaction score
Im still not entirely sure how they did it. Probably not hurting anything just cycling vanes if thats what they are doing. Using a controller to manually actuate the vanes wouldnt be necessarily bad, but if you change positions on them when you are driving you could cause some problems.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
I would swear it is singled out but there is still a distinct dual pitch to the exhaust. Maybe he is running 2 fixed chargers. I didn't hear the vgt cycle after start up.

Anyone have an idea on the controller on the steering column?

Last edited:

superstroked

Reaction score
I think my 6.4 sounds just fine:naughty:

I wouldn't know...vids to prove it..lol

I would swear it is singled out but there is still a distinct dual pitch to the exhaust. Maybe he is running 2 fixed chargers. I didn't hear the vgt cycle after start up.

Anyone have an idea on the controller on the steering column?

At the beginning of the video, the vehicle sounds like a 6.0..listen towards the end (@ 42 seconds) of the video the sound changed, they "unswitch?" something and it sounds just like a dpf deleted 6.4...hmm

Last edited:

zabeard

Reaction score
idk i like the sound of my 6.4 way better than that first video...sounds weird. maybe its my notebook.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
eric at innovative did this about 2 years as well, i guess its very unhealthy for the high pressure turbo, but it does sound like a big block. its all in the vanes.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Thought I remembered hearing about someone tuned a truck to do this.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.