Those with Edge Insight CTS

DHFF

Reaction score
I recently picked one of these up with a non expandable EGT probe and have everything installed on the truck. So far I really like it as a monitor instead of gauges.

Right now I am monitoring:
EGT
Oil Temp
Corrected MPH (on 35" tires)
EBP
ICP
Boost

What other probes/sensors should I buy with this 7.3? I know I want to monitor fuel pressure in the future so that's something I need. Any input is appreciated unless you are going to try to convince me some other monitor is better.

dsberman94

Reaction score
You need the expandable EGT to buy and use more sensors. It comes as a package. Edge website has them all. Up to you what you want to measure. There's a fuel pressure sensor, pressure and temperature sensors, back up camera, all kinda of stuff. Check out the edge website. But you need the expandable pack to run more sensors. For buying them you can contact some of the sites sponsors. I got my expandable EGT kit from dirty diesels at an event back in December.

Last edited:

DHFF

Reaction score
You need the expandable EGT to buy and use more sensors. It comes as a package. Edge website has them all. Up to you what you want to measure. There's a fuel pressure sensor, pressure and temperature sensors, back up camera, all kinda of stuff. Check out the edge website. But you need the expandable pack to run more sensors. For buying them you can contact some of the sites sponsors. I got my expandable EGT kit from dirty diesels at an event back in December.

Yeah I noticed I would have to get rid of this EGT probe since it wasn't expandable. There's an EAS starter kit that looks like would have the things I may need.

I was mainly looking for what else people may monitor that would be classified as "essential" On my 6 liter I monitored EOT vs ECT, boost, fuel and icp, but I know there was other stuff I needed to look at.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I monitor this stuff.
a6e444d1bf88b69a444ffb9641c81821.jpg

But replaced battery with EGT. But that's actually quite a bit. All I watch on the analog gauge screen in boost, oil temp, EGT, trans temp, and gear/tc lock.

JH Auto Parts

Reaction score
How did you get 10 display settings? I can only do 8. Was there an update? Are you using their tuner settings?

DHFF

Reaction score
Update it. Push the up and down arrows.

Whoa that's really cool I will have to bring mine in and do that. Thanks for the heads up there! I think the stuff you are monitoring is probably what I should be looking at, as I hardly ever tow or beat on the truck anymore. Thanks again man.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
I really wish Edge would quit getting all fancy with their accelerometer's and give us a 14 gauge (or even 12) screen.
I really couldn't give a *** less what my pitch and roll is in a 8000lb truck, much less from a windshield suction cup mounted device.

dsberman94

Reaction score
For the guys that have never seem these other screens before this is the other option.
751641f049a0ed4f0b6b6423c4c49596.jpg

Pretty useless being it's in my loaner truck but that's what it is. Only 4 gauges on it with the pitch roll and g-force. Pretty useless all
Around for most people that have a insight cts. Especially since the new trucks come with one in the dash from the factory.
dba8065efaeb671bea4d63dceb9777dc.jpg

DHFF

Reaction score
Yeah I don't give a damn about that. I am however glad you told me about the update because 10 gauges is AWESOME!

Another questions I had was in the book it showed an injector balance or contribution test being ran on a vehicle displaying 8 gauges, one for each injector. I can't find that anywhere in my device. Is that only certain vehicles? I could see that being pretty damn handy with these injectors as I am pretty sure I have some unhealthy ones.

DHFF

Reaction score
Only the edge evolution does the injector balance test. It sucks the insight can't.

It REALLY sucks because I am not throwing any codes yes the truck has a stumble sometimes idling and under load. Like a miss if it were a gas engine and needed a plug changed or an injector cleaned. I have NO idea how to diagnose that without going to ANOTHER shop. This is getting old.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Don't think the insight will do the injector tests. Like Berman said, for more inputs you will need the EAS Expandable egt kit which includes the starter pack and then any sensor you want from there on out can be added. Pressure sensors, turbo timer, backup camera, etc. There are lots of options. If you need any of that good stuff I have a VERY nice sale on edge stuff going on through the end of the month....

DHFF

Reaction score
Don't think the insight will do the injector tests. Like Berman said, for more inputs you will need the EAS Expandable egt kit which includes the starter pack and then any sensor you want from there on out can be added. Pressure sensors, turbo timer, backup camera, etc. There are lots of options. If you need any of that good stuff I have a VERY nice sale on edge stuff going on through the end of the month....

I will be getting a fuel pressure sensor and new egt at the very least soon. When you say sale, how much are you talking? I also need the little bracket that allows you to mount it in the edge dash pod because I don't want it stuck to the windshield.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Don't hold me to it, but the last time I checked the injector balance was for dmax trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct

Only the edge evolution does the injector balance test. It sucks the insight can't.
Not correct, all the dmax guy's here run insights and can check their balance rates. According to edge's website if you go on the CTS insight for a particular year of powerstroke and click "tech" you'll see cylinder injector balance as a tech pid.

Last edited:

DHFF

Reaction score
Correct

Not correct, all the dmax guy's here run insights and can check their balance rates. According to edge's website if you go on the CTS insight for a particular year of powerstroke and click "tech" you'll see cylinder injector balance as a tech pid.

I need more explanation than that. Where is "tech" in the menus? I have SCOURED this little bastard trying to get more info out of it. Thanks man.

Latest posts

Members online