throttle valve delete??

strokr06

Reaction score
Im wondering what this mod does for my truck? Im reading that when I delete my DPF/EGR that it's also a good mod to do, but what will it accomplish?
Has anyone done this w/there deletes, will the tuning I have let me do it? (Xrt pro street unlocked) any info appreciated thanx

Summit02

Reaction score
Just less restrictions for your intake. Little faster throttle response and maybe some HP gains up top. H&S has a kit for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dseitler

Reaction score
The valve closes partially during EGR operation. This makes a Venturi effect and sucks the EGR exhaust into the intake. Get rid of it it's garbage. The H&S mod is excellent.

Horns07

Reaction score
The valve closes partially during EGR operation. This makes a Venturi effect and sucks the EGR exhaust into the intake. Get rid of it it's garbage. The H&S mod is excellent.

How hard is the install.

Buck1

Reaction score
Not bad at all. Rough guess and hour, 2 at the most if everything fights ya.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Summit02

Reaction score
I just pulled the butterfly, shaft and motor out of mine. Then used the two open holes to instal the jets for my water meth. Worked out alright.

dseitler

Reaction score
It's a very simple install. Should take less than 1 hour. Just be careful with the sensor and position your clamps for easy tightening. Re-torque clamps after test drive. Everything you need is in the kit. I like the way the piece looks when you pop the hood.

mattmal9

Reaction score
Is this valve what causes my truck to randomly spool up when idling ? Im H&S tuned and fully deleted. Ive always wondered why the truck does that? Usually it does it twice in a row with maybe a minute or two in between. Ideas?

Summit02

Reaction score
I'd say that's more likely the variable veins in your turbo.

Summit02

Reaction score
I don't have much knowledge with turbos, sorry. But why does it cause the truck to do that?

I'm pretty new to the diesel world as well. If I had to guess id say the engine starts with the turbos exhaust veins open and little back pressure. Then the veins close to boost back pressure. That would make for more efficient idling and quicker warm up times, especially when starting your engine in the winter. Just an educated guess lol

2014 F350 Platinum

WHY NOT

Reaction score
The veins on the turbo cycle at idle thats why you hear the spool up and down noise. I would guess its for multiple things from warming the truck up to just keeping the veins from becoming stuck for idling for long periods of time

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.