Tick Update

uga33

Reaction score
I have had the "tick" ever since I changed the oil when the truck had 10k miles. At that interval, I used MC 10w30 with all emissions intact and the truck stopped ticking 500 miles into the oil change. At 13k miles, I deleted every piece of emissions equipment and ran/still run the lowest tune on the Spartan. At the 15k mile oil change, I switched to Valvoline 5w40 and the truck ticked the entire 5k mile change interval. I tried lowering the oil level and everything in between to eliminate the tick with no success. Thinking I may get lucky, I switched back to MC 10w30 at the 20k oil change interval. Continued to tick all the way to 25k miles. Jason (G Racing) sent me a bottle of Archoil 9100 to try and see if it would eliminate the tick. I put it in at the 25k mile change interval with MC 10w30 and after 1500 miles into the interval, the ticking has virtually stopped. It has only ticked a couple times this last week, but other than that, it is non existent. Just wanted to post my experience with this aggrevating/annoying trait some 6.7 owners experience. This may not be the cure for everyone. I just wanted to share my trials in the hopes that other 6.7 owners may be able to cure their rolling $60k type writer. I will update if anything changes.

Latest posts

Members online