Ticking time bombs

Cak301

Reaction score
Sitting on the side of the road in Fargo ND on our way home to MN when the timer went up on my buddies F350. I think it blew an injector tip. Going along fine gave it some throttle to get around someone let off throttle started knocking something fierce and bellowing grayish smoke that smells like diesel fuel. Wait 5 hours for buddy to show up only to have the motor not restart to get it on the trailer. Locked up I think the offending cylinder is either full of fuel or something is stuck between the piston and head. Of course he forgot to grab the come a long. Its a 2006 with 62000 miles on it. Why do all the light diesels seem so fragile?

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
Sounds like a cracked tip or just dropped it completely. Hope it just cracked so there's no head/piston work. Sorry man

Cak301

Reaction score
Yeah what do you do? The bummer is I convinced him to get rid of his 2010 dodge 3/4 ton with a hemi to get this truck. I told him it was karma because he set me up with a friend of his about 6 years ago and she has spent a lot more of my money than the truck is going to cost to fix.:p

Last edited:

Cak301

Reaction score
Good news. Got the injectors out. O rings and copper washer gone off of #6 and two other injectors loose. Guess the previous owners shop did a crappy install job when they did the head gaskets. Also found the orings on the standpipes and dummy plugs wore out. So we are getting 8 new injectors updated standpipes and replacing the stc fitting. Much better than I thought at first. Couldn't believe the noise it made when the injector blew. Thought for sure it lost the tip.

Cak301

Reaction score
Yeah it just seems like you're always waiting for the next problem with these trucks. Don't get me wrong I love these trucks but it gets a little old wondering if every noise is going to cost you thousands or leave you stranded.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Yeah it just seems like you're always waiting for the next problem with these trucks. Don't get me wrong I love these trucks but it gets a little old wondering if every noise is going to cost you thousands or leave you stranded.

We all share that bond!! LOL

Latest posts

Members online