Time for new shoes!

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Well ive had the 6.4 for about 4 months now, I told myself I would wait to buy wheels/tires until I knew I loved the truck and would keep it!

Well that time has come, best purchase I have ever made! Here is how it sits, though I have a 2.5" leveling kit on its way for it.

My question is what do you guys think would look good, I like seeing every possibility. Probably going with a Nitto Terra or Trail grappler, still havent decided on A/T or M/T though. Definitely going with a 20" black wheel, but I cant pick one!

2012-01-19153317.jpg

BMF Novakane?? sort of like that wheel, just too many to choose from

smokedout250

Reaction score
For the tire it's all about why your gonna use the truck for. I personally run an mt becuase I don't drive that much and I need the traction for hunting and for farm use!

Wheel- cant go wrong with black! Bmfs would be sweet! Or possible fuel hostages or throttles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.Warning

Reaction score
I'd say go chrome. I just don't think black looks good with this two-toned color. Unless you get rid of all the chrome, and even then it's iffy IMO.

IMAG0246.jpg

IMAG0424.jpg

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to do the wheels for me!

I paint matched the grill and have the lenses all slightly shaded (very light nite shade). I really want to try black wheels, i can always re sell if it doesnt work out. My last truck was all chromed and polished aluminum.
There is a truck on this site that inspired me, so i know about what i am shooting for.

augustus89

Reaction score
Chrome or black either one could look good. As for tires, I'd have to reccomend the trail grappler M/T over the terra grappler. I've owned both and sold many sets to people and the terra grappler has never impressed me with tread wear. Wherever you order your tires, check on the Toyo M/T. The toyo has always held up great on anything I've put them on. The nittos and toyos seem to go back and forth on which is more expensive but if you can get the toyos for around the same money I'd definately reccomend them.

I*C*B*M

Reaction score
Chrome Fuels for sure! Hostage, throttles are gorgeous....I'm going with Kranks, because NO ONE here has em' and theyre nice!

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Those of you saying chrome just like chrome better or you think chrome would look best on my truck?

There is no more chrome grill on my truck and the lenses are SLIGHTLY shaded with nite shade. Also have a black exhaust tip and a hidden toolbox that will be black also.

I think I want to give black wheels a shot, if it doesnt work out I can always sell them

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
Those of you saying chrome just like chrome better or you think chrome would look best on my truck?

There is no more chrome grill on my truck and the lenses are SLIGHTLY shaded with nite shade. Also have a black exhaust tip and a hidden toolbox that will be black also.

I think I want to give black wheels a shot, if it doesnt work out I can always sell them

I'm saying chrome cause I hate black on that combo. but it's your truck. you can tell my DD is no chrome too-so its rare for me to advise otherwise. lol.

Ackool

Reaction score
i have the bmf wheels in your pic and for me they have been the toughest wheels i have ever had on a truck, and it may be just me but I've had chrome and these are way easier to clean. as for tires I've had both and trail grapplers all the way just my 2 cents

I*C*B*M

Reaction score
I'm partial ro whatever looks good. The KR is a classy looking truck. If you PTM'd the grille and bumpers, then black, I think, would work. If you have a black grille, chrome bumpers, and black wheels....I think that would effectively kill that truck.

Reaction score
I'm waiting on my Nitto trails and XD Spys to get here... FWIW

I didn't want all black, or chrome, so the gloss black and machined was my middle ground.

sickslow

Reaction score
I think you should get the BMF Novacaines. after seeing that photoshop picture of them I think it looks bada$$. I personally liked it 10x better than the truck posted on here with chrome wheels. I know how you feel about buying wheels though. When I bought mine last year It took over a month to pic some out. I almost gave up and ran stock because there were so many that I like and looked really similar.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I think you should get the BMF Novacaines. after seeing that photoshop picture of them I think it looks bada$$. I personally liked it 10x better than the truck posted on here with chrome wheels. I know how you feel about buying wheels though. When I bought mine last year It took over a month to pic some out. I almost gave up and ran stock because there were so many that I like and looked really similar.
I ordered the Novakanes on Wednesday, only issue is they said the soonest they can get any here is going to be May? Apparently all versions of the Novakane are on back order...

So now I need to pick my tire. It is either the Terra Grappler M/T or the Trail Grappler A/T.....
I'm partial ro whatever looks good. The KR is a classy looking truck. If you PTM'd the grille and bumpers, then black, I think, would work. If you have a black grille, chrome bumpers, and black wheels....I think that would effectively kill that truck.

The grill is PTM and the vents are going to be slightly changed as well (just not sure how yet), then all lenses will have a very slight tint to them with pretty dark windows. We will see how it turns out

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.