Time for some shocks.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
truck has 180k on it. and im pretty sure still has the factory shocks.
I know about as much about shocks as I do womens logic, so im wondering if there are any " favorites" or if they all are about the same.

rascal

Reaction score
I was thinking Bilstein 5100's for mine.

However, I sure would love to save my money and do the Full Traction 4 link set up with King coilovers! :drool:

littleredstroker

Reaction score
also... my truck doesnt have a steering stabilizer. I got it with 100k and put the last 80 on it and it didnt have one . didnt really think about it till just now. obviously I dont NEED one or I would have had issues by now. Would it benifit from having one put in ?

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
also... my truck doesnt have a steering stabilizer. I got it with 100k and put the last 80 on it and it didnt have one . didnt really think about it till just now. obviously I dont NEED one or I would have had issues by now. Would it benifit from having one put in ?

I smashed the stabilizer on my truck and ran without one since. I didn't notice any difference.

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my POS phone

littleredstroker

Reaction score
5160s have a little resivor to them and make the a resi shock, 5100s are the bilstien standard everyday shock that are highly recommended over factory shocks

Was reading about them and guy said if you get the 4-6" lift ones ot will raise the truck and will work better than the ones for 0-3" .. sounds fishy ?

Are 5100 adjustable at all

sent while staring at a windowed block

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
shocks for 4-6" lift won't have the right amount of travel for a stock height truck

TyCorr

Reaction score
Or be valved correctly^

Littlered- since you live in bfe and drive offroad I would strongly recommend a steering stabilizer setup. The stock one works quite well in my opinion. A rancho dual kit is a great option for you. If you really dont mind running around without one as you've been doing that cool too.

Im glad you started this thread since Im gonna be running stock suspension and will need shocks. To add to.the.confusion, what do y'all recommend on a stock height truck with 35s? I dont.actually care to.spend a small mint on blingy shocks.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
I've noticed, on the interstate one comer over a bridge particular that when I hit it, there steering wheel.does a left right left then settles back to straight... Was in a dodge that did the death wobble last week and wasn't too fond of it. So I think I might go ahead and do it

sent while staring at a windowed block

Nj67

Reaction score
7apu2e5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
We can get you the correct Bilsteins for a stock or lifted truck..PM me if I can help.

FYI #5160-65's do ride better but also 2x's the $

Latest posts

Members online