Time to step up my hp ...few questions

slowstrokin99

Reaction score
Gotcha. Once I get the ball rolling gonna do a little build log. Have a bunch of color matched motor parts I'm installing as well.

And I had an old account on an old email can't remember screen names or email so just opened another one. I joined probably back in 2007 originally.

SDstroker

Reaction score
I had swamps 300/200's with both Daves and Matts tunes. Both were outstanding at smoke control. Could switch it down to stockish hp. I really should have had compounds to utilize that much fuel but would have needed live tunes to dial in right.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

slowstrokin99

Reaction score
Yea i plan on some good live tuning if I go this route. Looked into compounds but I think that's more then I wanna do for now. That's why I was thinking 400s because I buy the bigger injector once and have tuning tune them down for whatever turbo application I choose then if I decide to step up again I'll already have the fuel. Just add tunes and air. Like I said just a weekend toy not worried about mpgs or towing.

Thanks for the input blowby your truck is actually one that I've followed for this build ...can't beat the sound of that the 400/400 idle lol ..

Would a stock bottom end hold up for 550-600? It has 224k on it getting new bearings and lpop this winter. Was trying to avoid the 2500 hit for rods lol

Reaction score
Yea i plan on some good live tuning if I go this route. Looked into compounds but I think that's more then I wanna do for now. That's why I was thinking 400s because I buy the bigger injector once and have tuning tune them down for whatever turbo application I choose then if I decide to step up again I'll already have the fuel. Just add tunes and air. Like I said just a weekend toy not worried about mpgs or towing.

Thanks for the input blowby your truck is actually one that I've followed for this build ...can't beat the sound of that the 400/400 idle lol ..

Would a stock bottom end hold up for 550-600? It has 224k on it getting new bearings and lpop this winter. Was trying to avoid the 2500 hit for rods lol

What makes you think the bearings are bad?

bruce

Reaction score
Rebuilding or freshening up an engine to make substantial power without billet rods, girdle, bed plate, ect is retarded. But you can show off those new main bearings to your buddies through your new see through block.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Truck looks great OP.

200% > 400% nozzles for a mainly street driven machine. Just my .02.

If you search on google something like "300/200+injector threads on powerstrokearmy.com" it shood give you lots of bathroom material. The guys who do this stuff for a living have been gracious enough to share plenty of info here to make an educated decision, and I find it easier to search the site on Google than through the site search. Either way that will be a fun truck, I run 355/200's with a billet 71 and it keeps a grin on my face.

On edit; in regards to your last post, street manners are all about tuning. Search and purchase wisely.
spot on dom

live life full throttle

slowstrokin99

Reaction score
Have a girdle and main studs for the build already. Was asking if it was necessary for billet rods for the build. And if I window a block I walk out to the shed grab another and start over. If I need rods I'm going to wait on the build until the money is there. I don't want to pull it off the road and have to wait on parts. That when projects turn into lawn ornaments and forgotten.

bruce

Reaction score
Have a girdle and main studs for the build already. Was asking if it was necessary for billet rods for the build. And if I window a block I walk out to the shed grab another and start over. If I need rods I'm going to wait on the build until the money is there. I don't want to pull it off the road and have to wait on parts. That when projects turn into lawn ornaments and forgotten.

Get some billet rods, PIS 300/200s, s468 (plus all the other stuff) and you'll have a really fun truck

jwlandry

Reaction score
Best thing is to build a spare motor on a stand while you still drive the truck. Once the built motor is build then just swap it in.

02BigD

Reaction score
Bent cryo'd, shot peened factory forged rods with 355/100's. On fuel.

Last edited:

slowstrokin99

Reaction score
Studs are in the recipe already. And thanks for the input on the rods. I will be adding that ingredient now. Any favorites or any billet rod will do?

Latest posts

Members online