Tinted BB

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I was talking to a guy about this the other day. He says he tinted his window without the stickers in place. Got a piece of light tint and put the stickers on that piece of tint. Trimmed the tint around the stickers and then stuck that to the window. He claims it was easy to remove and replace. Never tried it so I don't know.

I'm sure if you used some of that light static cling tint to stick your registration sticker to it should work pretty good my buddy used the 5% static cling stuff over some of his tint to see if he liked how dark it was before he had it done right and it stayed in place for a couple of weeks amd then peeled right off when he was ready

jwlandry

Reaction score
I was talking to a guy about this the other day. He says he tinted his window without the stickers in place. Got a piece of light tint and put the stickers on that piece of tint. Trimmed the tint around the stickers and then stuck that to the window. He claims it was easy to remove and replace. Never tried it so I don't know.

Only thing i worry about is when it comes time for a new sticker, They are gonna take that scraper and run it down the window and tear the tint. I want to tint my windsheild so bad but the sticker is the only thing stopping me.

Layson

Reaction score
Looks great, but just not a big fan of front windshield tint.

Layson

Reaction score
Any particular reason why?

I have a hell of a time seeing through my tint at night and it is 20% LOL. I have to roll the windows down to back up. I can't even imagine what it would be like if the front window was tinted. I am sure if the interior light came on at night in the rig, it would be very difficult to see where you are going.

I have never seen a vehicle with front windshield tint either. I would imagine that if I lived in South where the sun shines all the time, it would probably be handy. :D

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I have a hell of a time seeing through my tint at night and it is 20% LOL. I have to roll the windows down to back up. I can't even imagine what it would be like if the front window was tinted. I am sure if the interior light came on at night in the rig, it would be very difficult to see where you are going.

I have never seen a vehicle with front windshield tint either. I would imagine that if I lived in South where the sun shines all the time, it would probably be handy. :D

I am legally blind without my glasses, and anyone that has seen me knows my glasses are pretty f'n thick hahaha anyway all the sunglasses for people with eyes as bad mine came from 1978 so having my windshield tinted 20% works wonders in the bright sun on long trips, at night I'm not gonna lie it sucks I have to keep the display off on my in dash and like you said if you turn the interior lights on I might as well close my eyes so it certainly has it's pros and cons.... Some of my friends have actually gone like 35% or lighter and used mirror tint but they just did it so people couldn't see into the car looking out you really can't even tell it is tinted

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score

i personally think a tinted windshield is one of the coolest looking things you can do to a truck.

strokin6L

Reaction score
damn 150?? VA is only 96. Why did you have to go to court though if you paid the tint ticket?

Yeah, they really nail ya with a surcharge. $75 dollar fine with a $75 surcharge. i didn't hafta go to court...never said i did. On the back of the ticket you hafta check whether you plead guilty or not guilty of the fine before you mail it to the town/village courthouse. If you plead not guilty you will get a court date. If you plead guilty and mail the ticket in...they will send you a fine, then you just mail the courthouse the money for the guilty plea without having to appear in court for it....this is what i did.

Last edited:

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
Looks great Nate! I have 30 on my windshield and will never go back to a factory windshield. I've had mine done for a good while in Maryland and have had no issues with cops.

STROKER

Reaction score
that looks awesome ive been wanting to do mine 35% i heard that its better in night driving because it cuts down on glare from other cars. what do you think about driving it at night?

17BLKplat

Reaction score
that looks awesome ive been wanting to do mine 35% i heard that its better in night driving because it cuts down on glare from other cars. what do you think about driving it at night?

It's exactly like you just explained. IMO it makes everything clearer and now you aren't affected by cars going by on the highway, or street lights locally.
I'm telling everyone to do it at this point, it's one of my favorite (simple) mods I've done on any vehicle.

Updated pic:: truck is sporting recon cab lights and mirror lights now. Thanks goes to Adam @FCDP for the hook up.
Really completes the look :D
eb48547f.jpg

Last edited:

Lowdown89

Reaction score
It's exactly like you just explained. IMO it makes everything clearer and now you aren't affected by cars going by on the highway, or street lights locally.
I'm telling everyone to do it at this point, it's one of my favorite (simple) mods I've done on any vehicle.

He is right... I will tint the windshield on everything I own from now on it is very nice...

jdgleason

Reaction score
That looks killer! I have always debated whether or not to tint the windshield. I do a lot of mountain driving at night... idk how well that would go lol. I love it on your truck tho man.

Dsycutter

Reaction score
knock on wood, in the 9 years Ive owned my truck, I have only been stopped and ticketed once for my tinted windows here in Jersey. I paid the fine and left the tint on. have driven my truck all over the state and drive past cops all the time and never seem to have a problem. I think the type of vehicle makes a big difference, cause I bet if i tried it in some rice burner i'd be stopped daily.

Windshield looks great!

David S.

Reaction score
Yeah, they really nail ya with a surcharge. $75 dollar fine with a $75 surcharge. i didn't hafta go to court...never said i did. On the back of the ticket you hafta check whether you plead guilty or not guilty of the fine before you mail it to the town/village courthouse. If you plead not guilty you will get a court date. If you plead guilty and mail the ticket in...they will send you a fine, then you just mail the courthouse the money for the guilty plea without having to appear in court for it....this is what i did.

gotcha, thought you had to go to court, my mistake bud:thumbup:

love the new lights Nate!

Latest posts

Members online