Tips and Tricks for Turbo Removal Cab on?

dstryr

Reaction score
Both turbos are coming out for swap. Anyone got a recommended method? What has to come out and what doesn't?

dstryr

Reaction score
Cool man. Good luck. Tow powers or II turbos?

Elite, RCD and ported intake from the guy who everyone must not speak of..... ;) All stuff from my build from 8 months ago. My OUO link arms finally showed up too so they will be going on tomorrow.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Lmao. I see. Hope it goes good bud. Keep us updated on results and how you like it.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Elite, RCD and ported intake from the guy who everyone must not speak of..... ;) All stuff from my build from 8 months ago. My OUO link arms finally showed up too so they will be going on tomorrow.

Let me know if you need anything, I could probably make the trip out if needed.

dstryr

Reaction score
Let me know if you need anything, I could probably make the trip out if needed.

I'll probably be at my shop all Saturday 8am to whenever we finish. Free pizza and beer and then gonna throw a bash at my house at night. You are welcome to come out man.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I like to pull the drivers battery. Drain coolant enough so degas bottle is empty and pull the entire battery box/degas bottle out. 4 13mm bolts and a vacuum line on the underside. Gives easy access to the 4 nuts on the u pipe bracket and allows you to swing the dipstick outta the way. All 13mm. 1 for the oil dip stick and 3 that tighten the bracket. Then 2 10 mills on the upper corners. Lower half stays on. For the up pipe bolts a 3/8 ratchet with a 3" extension and deep well 10m. I also use a 1/2 ratchet with a 1/2 to 3/8 adapter then the 3" ext and 10 deep. Pull the oil filter housing. 45 torx. Oil supply to turbos is 8mm bottom bolt and the banjos are 11/16 with a 3/4 to hold the lower tower nuts. Tube inside filter housing is a t25 bolt and it rotates counter clockwise a quarter turn to remove. Remove heat shield and vgt actuator. Turbo mounting bolts are 15mm. Have fun. They are heavy. Let me know if ya need anything else. Ryan

dstryr

Reaction score
Ryan

On a side note, how do you like your one piece driveshaft? Ive been wanting to get one to try and get rid of the vibration on take off that I have but have been told by a couple people that they aren't good in diesel applications. Can you shed some light?

dstryr

Reaction score
Ryan

On a side note, how do you like your one piece driveshaft? Ive been wanting to get one to try and get rid of the vibration on take off that I have but have been told by a couple people that they aren't good in diesel applications. Can you shed some light?

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Yes shone its been done a few times LOL

I love my 1 piece. I have had it since 05 and its held up great. Crew cab long bed is about as long as you can go though. It is nice not to have to mess with anything to get vibes out of the drive line. It fixes it all. Cheaper joint changes and its easy to get out of the way when youre workin on the truck

MorganY

Reaction score
Lots of PB and patience....and when you re assemble, make sure you put anti seize on your up pipe bolts. Can't stress it enough, helps immensely when it's time to pull turbos again.

Latest posts

Members online