Tire Advice Needed

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I had the Nitto Trail Grappler in 295/65R20 on my 2008 truck. That size would probably fit your need perfectly. 35.5" tall but it's only 12" wide. Would probably work good on a dually, plus they have a load rating of 4080lbs, so they are at least an 'E' rating.

That's and interesting tire for sure - I'm going to have to take a closer look at them.

Why not go back to some bfg a/ts? You've only owned like 1,000,000 sets...

If not I also agree the atzs would work well for you.

Looking for something a little different - I think I can get something with a better wear life - although I can't say that I can complain about the BFG's that I have burned through in the last few years on multiple different trucks and applications. They most certainly are a good tire.

I also owned a set of 35" mtz's on my old blue and silver truck. I absolutely loved those tires. Little louder on the road, but I put 70,000 miles on them and still had just under half tread! Then I sold the truck.

I don't tow anything more than a jetski however. So I can't tell you how either would last or handle towing a lot of weight.

My best advice is to rotate the tires religiously. I think that was the key to getting so many miles out of the mtz's.

I rotate the tires every time my foot goes to the floor. LOL

MINK

Reaction score
My favorite tire that I've owned (two sets) are the Toyo M/ts...I just couldnt justify the cost this time around putting them on my 22s. They wear like steal, look great and simply preform well in all conditions IMO.

Looks like you can get the size you need along with the load rating..

Latest posts

Members online