Tire mounting Issue

Krause

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Quick question, I just bought some 35x11.5R18 Toyo's, and have a 10 inch wide MT thompson rim to mount them to. On the Toyo website, it says acceptable rim range is up to 9.5, but I did some reading and didnt think it would be an issue (lots of guys run far more stretched setups than that). Dropped them off at the tire shop to have them mounted, and just got a call saying they cant get them to air up, that the rim is too wide (By 0.5 of an inch based on Toyo's specs). Any suggestions here? Im not sure what to do, never had this problem.
-Krause

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
tell whoever is doing them to quit being a B!tch and use a cheetah or something. Those should mount no prob. I mounted 10.25" tires on 12" wheels...

Bux10

Reaction score
You might need to stretch them. Did they try using a cheetah beader? I just bought my tires 285 60r18 and had to stretch them with wood blocks in order to fit onto my 12 wides. I let them stretch for a couple of days and had a local offroad shop put them on with no problem. Hope this helps....

Krause

Reaction score
Right thanks guys, I kinda suspected it shouldnt be an issue, they are being incompetent. Looks like I'll have to find another shop with a bit more ability. Anyone have a suggestion in the Hershey/Harrisburg PA area I'm all ears.
-Krause

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Right thanks guys, I kinda suspected it shouldnt be an issue, they are being incompetent. Looks like I'll have to find another shop with a bit more ability. Anyone have a suggestion in the Hershey/Harrisburg PA area I'm all ears.
-Krause

Stump's garage in pine grove. Call them. They will probably do it.

Latest posts

Members online