Tire opinions

power6.4stoke

Reaction score
Need new tires...gonna go with 295 70 18 on stock wheels...nitto trail or the Terra grappler's?

'94IDITurbo7.3

Reaction score
really can't go wrong with either. your in texas so i am gonna guess you don't see any snow....if you saw a decent amount of snow i would say terra's just b/c i can't see the big lugs on the trail's doing anything productive in snow. I don't have personal drive time with either tire though. Keep up on your rotations and you should get pretty decent mileage out of both. Not sure the avg people are getting out of them.

3brorce

Reaction score
Terra's didnt seem to last that great on one of our trucks. I would go with trails.

Daddystoy

Reaction score
I had the same size trail grapplers on stock 18's and they only lasted about 23,000 miles. I did not like the noise they made, and they rode a little too rough for me. Towed well though. I have 35x12.50x20 Toyo Open Country ATII's now and I couldn't be happier. Nice quite ride and the tread pattern looks way meaner than the Terra grapplers. Price is pretty reasonable as well. I paid 1050 for 4 from SD Wheel Corp. My Trail grapplers cost me 1250 locally in 2011. Nitto is a good tire, I just prefer Toyo now.

Latest posts

Members online