Titan Tank: Questions.?

BFinMO

Reaction score
So with the idea of picking up a 6.7L nearing I was wondering if someone could school me on real life experiences with the titan tank.

With using the various search features out there I cant seem to satisfy my curiousity on the performance of these on a 6.7. I currently have a TransFlow 46gal on my Fum but am thinking of going with a Titan on the new truck.

It appears from what I've seen that they dont hang drastically lower than OEM, thanks Epic for the vid it was very informative, and really in my normal applications clearance is not to great an issue. The big one for me is running the tank low and accuracy of the Lie-O-Meter.

1) When the tank is run to a near empty level is there any surging issues when levels fall lower than 1/8th of a tank? And how many gal have been put in once one does fall really low.?
2) Also re-cal of the ECM. I have read that a flash has become available to re-flash, or soon, to put paramaters with the larger tank in mind so that the computer can make its guesstimate. Is there any validity on this?

TIA

cw96stroker

Reaction score
I would also like to know these things. There are some out there who have them on their 6.7s so hopefully they will chime in with some good info.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
I'll check on this as well not a 100% sure I want to do a bigger tank or not but this will be some good info once the guys who do have them chime in

Zmann

Reaction score
OK no 6.7 but these trucks haven't changed much ,, and I did just see a write up on a 6.7 Titan install .. looked Identical except for the def tank back there .

My Titan Midship on my 06 ccsb is a lot longer but only a little deeper ,,not noticeable at all IMHO

They also now have a trap that holds fuel near the pickup when you almost out of fuel

I couldn't be happier I also use the optional protection plate at the bottom.

The only downside I have heard is with the trucks being off on Miles to empty
I don't know if the 6.7 pcm can be reprogrammed to account for the additional fuel

Last edited:

BFinMO

Reaction score
Well after further investigation last night...late...

There apparently is a flash available that will adjust for MTE and other calculations. Now thru reading it seems that only some dealers will have the perticular update to there software that will include the 50 and 65 gal options. There are some numbers and descripters associated but they were a bit foggy for me so I'll not attempt it.

This info came from another site...

quicksilver11

Reaction score
I've read on other sites that the Titan tanks are having a sealing issue and letting water get in. Don't know how much of that is true but something to think of.

Zmann

Reaction score
Leak ? I can't see how other than installer issues and not doing a good job ?
I put my sender in and capped the other ports originally and pressure tested mine before install and sure enough I had a leak at the sender/pickup fitting .. but it uses all OEM parts so it was my fault not getting the o-ring sealed properly..

the only other thing I can think of is ford is blaming water in fuel on a lot of problems and not covering them so I bet the first sign of an aftermarket part get blamed

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I've never seen a Titan leak. We put one in a customers truck and never heard back, said everything worked fine after he took it to the dealership and they "calibrated" or so he said..

Latest posts