to add nozzles or not to?

94forddiesel

Reaction score
well cylinder 1 decided to leave so im about to pull the engine out and see what i get to replace gonna do headstuds and prob coated pistions was just wondering if i should add some nozzles while im in there or just go for some air upgrades? i dont have the funds to add dual fuelers so im just seeing what my best option would be. i would like somewhere around 650-750hp any input would be awesome thanks guys

HD F250

Reaction score
If you are on a limited budget that won't allow dual pumps, I would do a 71 or 72 turbo, valve springs and push rods IMHO. Hope the tear down doesn't reveal anything unexpected.

FordPSD64

Reaction score
If you're not going with dual fuelers I would not do nozzles. There's been some speculation in this but elite has tested nozzles with stock pumps and JD actually lost power. I would go with the 72atmo charger instead and that will get you probably pretty close to that 700 mark

powerstroked08

Reaction score
From what I have gathered from a lot of the guys who know a ton about these 6.4's, they push a lot of fuel in stock form. So its more bennificial to add air before fuel.

FordPSD64

Reaction score
These trucks fuel pretty hard stock. With the help of a Vgt you can run pretty good sized hp chargers and won't notice hardly any difference in lag as well

94forddiesel

Reaction score
thanks for the input guys, and hd 250 i was also thinking the same with the pushrods and springs that sounds good any extra money i have once the engine is back together i will focus on chargers! not that i have the money but man some tow power x's would be sweet:naughty:

94forddiesel

Reaction score
If your planning to run a big tune all the time, an upgraded lpfp is probably a good idea also, if you havnt already. Some say it will help prolong the life of your hpfp.
yeah i was thinking that would be a good idea. i noticed you had batmowheel in your hp did you notice a difference or

Beans71086

Reaction score
I'm currently running batmos in both turbos, 72mm is on the way. I installed both batmos at the same time so I can't say if just the HP made much difference. Honestly I'd put that $400 In the kitty towards an upgraded Vgt.

94forddiesel

Reaction score
I'm currently running batmos in both turbos, 72mm is on the way. I installed both batmos at the same time so I can't say if just the HP made much difference. Honestly I'd put that $400 In the kitty towards an upgraded Vgt.
yeah thats what i was thinking save up for the tow power x's:naughty:

powerstroked08

Reaction score
yeah man!! im jealous though i want a zf-6 in my truck so bad! :drool: but i got my truck at such a good price just sucks its an auto:lame:

Yeah I looked for almost a year to find mine. The 5R is a good trans but I still like the ZF-6. Its hard to pass up a good deal on one of these trucks too!:fordoval:

Latest posts

Members online