To all Elite 6.4 Headstud Customers

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
This is to all Elite 6.4 Headstud customers.

First off I would like to say that we never intended to mislead anyone. When we first offered the 6.4 studs we did not call them H-11. When I was planning out the studs I had read early marketing information from ARP that stated their upcoming 6.4 studs would be made from 8740. We decided to specify 1722 which was the next step up in the material lineup. On the 6.0 we had H-11 which was also one step up over the ARP's. We also knew that 1722 in the larger 6.4 diameter would give similar clamping force to the 6.0L H-11 and we knew those were working well for us. What would be the point to offer a stud that was equal to ARP? We never have wanted to go "toe to toe" with ARP. We always wanted something that was better and to offer our customers an upgrade alternative.

When I was selling 6.4 studs to people I would say that they were not H-11 but due to the larger size did give comparable results to 6.0L H-11's, which we were pleased with. Perhaps this is where the confusion started. I am not sure. I do believe at one time on our site it even stated this comparison. Also we have always believed that we had a better material than the ARP's. When we recently discovered that ARP in fact did make their studs from the same material as we had it was a surprise and we correspondingly dropped our pricing. I don't spend anytime researching ARP's product and really had no idea up until recently. I can tell you that even though it is the same material we have always held pride in A1's craftsmenship and quality. We developed the torque specs with A1 and had always been pleased with the product. We do not feel the product was or is a poor quality. Also we had considerable expense in making the studs as we had to purchase the tooling for A1 to make the studs, which correspondingly set our retail price (which is why they were quite a bit more expensive originally). We are not able to purchase the A1 studs for the cheaper price that the ARP's can be purchased for, so we did not blatantly try to charge people even more than the ARP's, we just charged what we needed to to make it worth it to sell. We truly felt we had a better product and have had many customers pleased with the product.

For those of you that felt you were misled I extend this offer. Please email me at [email protected] and I will work with each of you on a case by case basis to try and make things right. Elite Diesel has been accused of many things and we are guilty of being slow and short-staffed. We are not dishonest and will not tolerate dishonest staff.

Again I apologize.

Thank you,
Tadd Layton
Elite Diesel Engineering

PTSUPERD

Reaction score

Please keep the bs out of this thread if you arent a customer. Post it in the other thread if you must....

I don't have a dog in this hunt and am not a customer of Elite's. Tadd is willing to address the issue so let's see what happens.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
For those of you that felt you were misled I extend this offer. Please email me at [email protected] and I will work with each of you on a case by case basis to try and make things right. Elite Diesel has been accused of many things and we are guilty of being slow and short-staffed. We are not dishonest and will not tolerate dishonest staff.

Again I apologize.

Thank you,
Tadd Layton
Elite Diesel Engineering

This part will go a long way towards mending bridges.

amarillo250

Reaction score
Please keep the bs out of this thread if you arent a customer. Post it in the other thread if you must....

I don't have a dog in this hunt and am not a customer of Elite's. Tadd is willing to address the issue so let's see what happens.

It was a positive remark for the service and respect towards the clients. Sorry if I was wrong to post and not making clear that it was a great thing from elite what they are doing.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
It was a positive remark for the service and respect towards the clients. Sorry if I was wrong to post and not making clear that it was a great thing from elite what they are doing.

Ah my bad. Thanks bud.

TurboM700

Reaction score
So this is what I got out of it. I read the entire other read since day one but I have no dog in the fight but I like to stay on top of the 6.4 stuff as I will be building a drag truck soon.

1.5 years or so ago Elite came out with 6.4l studs that where the first on the market that where LIKE H-11 studs as far as strength goes.

Sold them for 1.5 years in till ARP came out with there own studs that just happen to be the same material that Elite used in there.

Now people are butt hurt because Elites cost more?

I fail to see the problem. They where the first to market which in any industrie is huge for one and second lets you set what ever price the customer is willing to pay.

Why should Tadd even have to specify what material he is using with his studs? To me that proprietary information and should have never been said in the first place. I think far to many people got LIKE H-11 mistake for H-11 studs and then the rumor mill started.

I'm I missing some details here?

Latest posts

Members online