to fuel or not to fuel

jugger13

Reaction score
Alright, im at a point where it will make the most sense to do it, that is run dual fuelers.
im looking for whats fact or fiction on a few points of duals and opinions in general.

This is my build with the addition of a built trans amd gearhead tunes

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32995

I don't have anything special nor do I plan on going bigger.
its my DD street truck and tow rig.
with that in mind....

What am I running hp wise without duals
what would it be with

What size tips should be ran

EGTs climb or go down tune for tune with appropriate tips and tuning.

Will it tow same, better or worse.

Would it help longevity in anyway.

Please explain what you've seen and why if ya don't mind. I'm on the fence bad and dont know what way to go.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Honestly, for the money I would probably stick with stock fuel. The 59/72 will put you right around 700 cool, smoke free horsepower. Nothing more fun on the street, and a towing monster. Obviously EGT's will climb with more fuel.

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
I would do to the duel fuelers, it will be even more of tow monster. It will spool twice as fast, with 60% overs and duel fuelers, with the correct tuning you won't have a smokey truck. Aarons truck with 59-72 makes 800 and its reliable and nasty street truck.

jugger13

Reaction score
Honestly, for the money I would probably stick with stock fuel. The 59/72 will put you right around 700 cool, smoke free horsepower. Nothing more fun on the street, and a towing monster. Obviously EGT's will climb with more fuel.

I would do to the duel fuelers, it will be even more of tow monster. It will spool twice as fast, with 60% overs and duel fuelers, with the correct tuning you won't have a smokey truck. Aarons truck with 59-72 makes 800 and its reliable and nasty street truck.

Thats the same points I keep mulling over and over. :fustrate:

is it worth it....
Dam it could be that much better. AAHHHHH!!!!!!

jdgleason

Reaction score
Elevation would play a role as well. Where are you located and where do you tow?

60% nozzles is ungodly retarded too much fuel for tow power plus charger. Or any kind of a tow vehicle...

Wayne made 1,008 uncorrected (1,196 corrected) on 37s (with spray) on 15% nozzles... Zero reason for 60% nozzles on a tow rig.

jugger13

Reaction score
Im in southern oregon.
I'd say my towing is done mostly in the 1500 - 3000 with a few trips making it up to only 6500.

jdgleason

Reaction score
I'd still stick with stock fuel. Those turbos come on at least as fast as stock turbos. Honestly I think they come on faster.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Def dint want to add fuel if you don't have to. More headaches

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

jugger13

Reaction score
Thanks guys.
seems like adding duals isn't going to transform my truck for what iv got and what im after to make the cost, work and extra headaches that comes with all thats associated with running duals.
Maybe someday I'll step out of the kiddy pool and jump into the deep end of the big boy pool lol

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
Sorry Sorry my bad guys Aarons truck just has a Industrial pump not duel fuelers, but we have done that set-up with duel fuelers and it seems to work pretty good, and with correct tuning you can always make it not smokey. And you ever decide to go bigger with the chargers then you will have plenty of fuel

Powerstroke586

Reaction score
I agree with stock fuel. I have another company's tow powers with stock fuel and it pulls like an animal and fun as hell to drive

Latest posts

Members online