To warranty or not to warranty?

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
OK customer has 40" tires and is not geared right. Engine is fresh rebuild done right. Truck drives like it's towing a 30ft fifth wheel all the time. I know this is really hard in engine.

1 year warranty on engine or not?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Twan

Reaction score
Yes it should have a warranty. The tranny will pay.
The motor should take that kind of work. Mine pulled a 20k trailer with 35's for 50k miles. I didn't blow head gaskets till 140k after I put injectors in 155's.

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
I'm just saying there is a huge difference between 40" tires and 35" tires. I have 35s on my truck. My truck runs hard and pulls hard. Let alone smokes tires off the line every time.

Twan

Reaction score
40's are harder to turn, I've ran 40's and 44's, but that was/is on gas motors.
I would warrenty it as long as he doesn't melt it down.

I've never had luck with changing gears, just let's me run a different gear and saves the tranny.

Why doesn't he change the gears?

Commandos888

Reaction score
Warranty on that engine....But if the customer drive's it like he stole it! that's a problem!
What does the egts look like??? that stock gears would go up to 35'' think it was 3.73 and still be in the right power band.i see what you are saying with them 44's on them,he would have to run 5.13 gears,but at my shop we had very good luck with 4.88.

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
40x15.5x20. Big fat toyo mtr's. Kids tows cattle with it. From Washington to idaho.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
i would simply stress the importance of regearing. How do you know hes not going to have it to the floor every day and beat the trash out of it with a tuner then come back 4 months later

Atsah

Reaction score
How fun could that thing be to drive... No way would I warranty it..

raptor

Reaction score
If he re gears it to correct problem warranty it if not explain that you can not warranty it do to the problem of gearing and that the engine was not built for that gearing and and big tires over 35 s also make sure its in writing and signed that he understands so you protect yourself and shop

Twan

Reaction score
Changing the gears won't save the motor or make It pull that much different, just hold a different gear.

He will toast the tranny really quick.

He will have to have it on the floor loaded, it don't have the power to pull with 40's. Lol.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
I would be leary of putting a warranty on it. He is likely going to tune it and the egt then go up. A melted motor is likely. Maybe warranty it for 6 months agains oiling bearing issues. If the motor melts egr fails etc oil cooler fails its his problem.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.