Tonneau Covers

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Hey guys I am wanting a retractable tonneau cover for my '01, just wondering if there are any brands that stand out from the rest or if there are any to stay away from that are poor quality?

Thanks, Corey

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
I'm running a truxedo on mine, love it. Its not a retractable though, it rolls up against the cab, it has 2 straps to hold it. When rolled out it locks, and you can only unlock and open by dropping your tailgate

Betarocker

Reaction score
I used a Retrax for the summer. Great product, with the only downside being the structure that the cover rolls into is quite large.

Keanoknick

Reaction score
I've got the Pace Edwards bed locker. I love it, just push a button on the remote and it opens or closes, I think it's the exact same as the one in your video above. When I bought it in March, Amazon.com was the cheapest place to get it, by several hundred dollars. Just remember the cover, and the rails are two different part numbers, so you have to order both.

cw96stroker

Reaction score
I've got the Pace Edwards bed locker. I love it, just push a button on the remote and it opens or closes, I think it's the exact same as the one in your video above. When I bought it in March, Amazon.com was the cheapest place to get it, by several hundred dollars. Just remember the cover, and the rails are two different part numbers, so you have to order both.

Sweet i will go take a look.

Lol i know Chris as if people dont get us mixed up enough!!

samoht517

Reaction score
Pace Edwards are really nice covers and really simple to install. They are a little pricey and take up more bedspace then others but the push button makes up for it. I used to install them all the time at my old job

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I had a Pace Edwards full metal jacket. It sucked!!!!
I installed it on my 04, started to have some problems with it retracting. I had to pull it out a couple times to retract it far enough to hook up the fifth wheel.
It was on the 08 for a while, then just got tired of fighting with it and it sits in shed with all the other car parts.
My brother has one on his 05, which still works fine. The retracting is starting to get like mine was. On both covers the powder coating came off in places. his is worse than mine. Would I buy another, No. All problems started right at the end of the warranty, so we were out of luck.

cw96stroker

Reaction score
I had a Pace Edwards full metal jacket. It sucked!!!!
I installed it on my 04, started to have some problems with it retracting. I had to pull it out a couple times to retract it far enough to hook up the fifth wheel.
It was on the 08 for a while, then just got tired of fighting with it and it sits in shed with all the other car parts.
My brother has one on his 05, which still works fine. The retracting is starting to get like mine was. On both covers the powder coating came off in places. his is worse than mine. Would I buy another, No. All problems started right at the end of the warranty, so we were out of luck.

Oh dang dude that sucks! Definitely wouldnt want that to happen.

Zaairman

Reaction score
Don't get the hard aluminum roll up covers with the slats that can slide side to side. Friend has one on his Dodge. Total piece of sh!t that cost about $1000. The slats slide out of place and then the cover won't come out, or in. Plus, the box takes up like 1' of bed space.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Looked at one of the trucks at work and he has the same problems with his Pace Edwards as my brother and I had. That sucks. 3 for 3 now.
I work on drilling rigs so we use the stuff I know but damn.
A few of the guys have the Roll and Lock one. They still work with one of them as old as my Pace Edwards. not a good comparison I know.

01platinum

Reaction score
I need to manufacture one that I can cut to slide down over the stacks. Then put the stack covers on it like Blowby had on his to keep from burning the cover.

01Platinum's Command Center

Boomer

Reaction score
I had a Pace Edward when they had a toolbox option. It was a great idea, but the latches on the toolbox sucked. By the time I sold that truck, I started having problems with the cover latching.

I currently have a Roll N Lock that I bought 5 years ago. So far the only complaint is that it takes a fair amount of effort to open because the latch is so small, which gives my wife problems. Other than that, I really haven't had any complaints.

Sent from a smart phone by a dumb guy.

Latest posts

Members online