TooMuch03's Build Thread

TooMuch03

Reaction score
I figured it is time for me to start a build thread here. I know there are plenty of guys who have experience with builds like what I have planned, so I am looking forward to all your input. I have been acquiring parts and putting together my plan of attack for about 6 months now. Before starting this build the truck was running a set of Industrial Injection 155/100s (which were supposedly 190/75s lol) and a powermax turbo with the typical supporting mods, including exhaust, intake, etc. The truck also has ported and polished heads and an Elite Stage 1 cam. Here she is:

TruckPics021.jpg

This past spring, I broke the tail housing off my elite comp tranny, so I had it rebuilt with a new torque converter by Automatic Transmission Design, which is still under warranty and should hold up for now.

052312183520.jpg

On to the fun part. I took my 155/100s up to Sheldon at Renegade Diesel, and he built me a set of 255/150s. I installed the injectors and have put about 3000 miles on them without issue, obviously running a very conservative tune to maintain ICP, until more oil is available.

The powermax will be ditching in favor of a bit more air, in the form of compounds. The high pressure will be a 64/71/.70 T3, courtesy of Chris (Strokin6L), and the low pressure will be an s480/96/1.32 that is used, but I got a smoking deal on. Naturally, I will be using a wastegate. I am toying with the idea of stepping up to a larger low pressure, possibly and S482 or 483 after I get everything put together and running again. At this point, almost all of the parts I need have arrived, and I will start getting the pedestals put together this weekend. Some more pics for fun:

IMAG0081_zps6fe842da.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

This is the 64mm, which I ran as a single for a little bit, on a pedestal I threw together, just so the powermax could go to its new home
IMAG0070.jpg

Now I am no master fabricator, and I do not have a fancy shop, or even a shop at all. I have enlisted the help of a good friend who is a welder by trade, and most of the work will be done in the driveway, or my living room
WorkPhoneJan1413095.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy, and of course, I am open to any and all input and advice.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Wish I would have kept my 64/71/.70 for my twin setup.
That thing had a 1:1 ratio right to 40 psi.
Only thing I would change is the hose discharge on it...I would weld a v band connector on it so you don't join the "blew a boot, and dented the hood" group.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Wish I would have kept my 64/71/.70 for my twin setup.
That thing had a 1:1 ratio right to 40 psi.
Only thing I would change is the hose discharge on it...I would weld a v band connector on it so you don't join the "blew a boot, and dented the hood" group.

yeah mine was the same way Ivan. Never blew a boot with mine tho. I saw 45psi max and BP was 54psi. Awesome little turbo.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
Interesting "pedestal" on those 64/71/70's! I still have mine if you two want to remember the good days... LOL Or the oil drain...

Extended Power

Reaction score
yeah mine was the same way Ivan. Never blew a boot with mine tho. I saw 45psi max and BP was 54psi. Awesome little turbo.

I didn't blow a boot either, but if I had used it in my twin setup with the hose discharge on the high pressure turbo, I'm sure I would have been a member...

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
Mine was a 62. I ran a couple of those 62/71/55's. Great turbo and spooled stupid fast, but didn't last more than 1200 miles. Ended up getting a 62/68/70 and had him send me an .83 T4 housing to go with it, just in case I wanted to try something different....

Sorry for the derail, back to the build, going to be sweet!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mine was a 62. I ran a couple of those 62/71/55's. Great turbo and spooled stupid fast, but didn't last more than 1200 miles. Ended up getting a 62/68/70 and had him send me an .83 T4 housing to go with it, just in case I wanted to try something different....

Sorry for the derail, back to the build, going to be sweet!

where did u buy that charger from cuz i got the same turbo nd .83 housing at once too lol

Latest posts

Members online