Torque coverter questions

08Tarheel450

Reaction score
I need some honest feedback guys. I frequently tow heavy, too heavy sometimes. I am starting to get TC slip. I assume it is anyway, I haven't hooked up my Dashdaq to see yet. My question is, which TC is gonna be best suited for me? What stall? I am deleted, gated, Spartan tuned, Spearco, CAC pipe, CFM elbow, 4 inch turbo back and studded. Thanks for any insight.

Spatel23

Reaction score
What kind of hp do you think you are making? Only time it MAY be a problem is at power levels over 1000.

Suncoast has always treated me right. Even spraying to 1200hp.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
My roommates 6.4 put down 580 with the standard Suncoast and it hasn't skipped a beat. My company truck has the same setup as you with a Suncoast HD converter and it should be more than we ever need.

:edit Both stock stall as well.

08Tarheel450

Reaction score
What kind of hp do you think you are making? Only time it MAY be a problem is at power levels over 1000.

Suncoast has always treated me right. Even spraying to 1200hp.

Nowhere near 1,000hp! Haha. I am guessing, just going off what I've seen here, I may be in the 580-600 range???

Wait, let me backup a minute. I doubt that I am making that. I normally only run the 250 tune or less. Haven't had all this done to the truck too long. Still got alot of learning when it comes to setting the gate and all. Guess I've been reluctant to push it too hard yet. I do have the Batmowheel in the atmo too. Forgot that.

Last edited:

pog

Reaction score
Jared from rcd is on the forum a lot and has a really good rep. Check out the rcd section under sponsors. No complaints about customer service.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I vote for RCD as well. Their convertor seems to be making everyone whom has it happy as of right now.

Super Stroke

Reaction score
River City has been there for me every time i needed something. I always ask for Jared, he seems to know his stuff.

Latest posts

Members online