Tow/ compound setup

Just stroken

Reaction score
Well getting ideas an really interested In doing compounds on my 7.3. Wondering what would be the best turbos for a good daily Tow setup and injector size? I am currently running running a elite drop in turbo bout the same size as Garrett 38r and 250/100s fuel system n terminator any info would be greatly appreciated

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Well getting ideas an really interested In doing compounds on my 7.3. Wondering what would be the best turbos for a good daily Tow setup and injector size? I am currently running running a elite drop in turbo bout the same size as Garrett 38r and 250/100s fuel system n terminator any info would be greatly appreciated

Gate your elite turbo and add a gt45.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
GT47 and a 38r was one of the best setups I've seen, factory mount/ up pipes, and seemed to handle a wide range of injectors very well.

Always wanted to do this some day, but probably never will.

DocBar

Reaction score
Why are you wanting to go to compounds? Your setup should be good for just about any situation.

Dave

Reaction score
GT47 and a 38r was one of the best setups I've seen, factory mount/ up pipes, and seemed to handle a wide range of injectors very well.

Didnt Charles run that in his reg cab for a while?

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk

ja_cain

Reaction score

Has anyone run the GT47 or similar turbo with s300 series or smaller frame t4 mount turbo in a compound setup? I'm thinking long term I would like to do this once I secure a decent forged rod block. Initially I'm thinking of starting with the Bell BASB which should have similar characteristics as the 38r but with different mount. Sorry about the high jack.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ja_cain

Reaction score
I don't think forged rods like the tq curve responsive compounds are capable of....maybe make sure your fuel is turned way back with your tuner to be sure.

Have you tried this yet to get a ballpark idea for sizing vs rpm vs power goal vs altitude?

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/boostadviser

They have some great whitepapers on their site. Thanks for recommending the app. Will plug everything in when I have a chance. I was thinking the same thing about being conservative with the fueling on the bottom end so as not to stress the rods too much. Throttle response is the real advantage I see with this setup, just can't be too overzealous with the fueling down low.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I don't think forged rods like the tq curve responsive compounds are capable of....maybe make sure your fuel is turned way back with your tuner to be sure.

Have you tried this yet to get a ballpark idea for sizing vs rpm vs power goal vs altitude?

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/boostadviser

Id say correct to that. IIRC a member here Maddiesel73 windowed his forged rod block w/ twins on the 7.3. I understood it that it was a blast and super responsive but ka-bluwie. http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20131

I'd consider twins w/ forged aftermarket rods however, the procharged 7.3s that were floating around, were they on stock FMR or aftermarket? I'd be curious to know.

Just stroken

Reaction score
Why are you wanting to go to compounds? Your setup should be good for just about any situation.

IDK just wanted to make a change maybe something a little more responsive, quick spool up. just doing research for now. id just like to have something around my area no one has lol be different n badass

02BigD

Reaction score
Didnt Charles run that in his reg cab for a while?

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk

Yes....BUT, iirc, when he switched to the 55, the difference in exhaust wheels made the setup much better over the 47.

Think long and hard to go to twins, that's a lot of stuff under the hood to deal with if it needs to be worked on.

Latest posts

Members online