Tow/haul button flashing

Strokethis213

Reaction score
Truck is a 06 6.0 ccsb 190k miles auto trans (4wd stick) tunned, ******d, studs, bp oil cooler, bp water pump, alumi radiator, powermax turbo,

Need help tow haul button is flashing stopped at a red light and truck would not move like it wasn't engaged. Finally got it moving I tried putting the truck in 3,2,1 and it didn't down shift I pulled these codes. Is she a goner? Fluid doesn't smell burnt. Also did it on the stock file

P2703 transmission frictions element D p2701 element B
P2700 element A
P0766 shift solenoid D
P0756 solenoid P0751 A
P0722 outputs shaft speed sensor
P0751 shift solenoid A
P0720 oss sensor circuit fault

Nice

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
that's an early indication that its on its way out. I have been thru plenty of them. I went with a good low mile used one and an upgraded torque converter from RCD. It has been great ever since.

Strokethis213

Reaction score
So next question when buying a used trans is there something to look for how can I check it?

Nice

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
What do you recommend
I recommend you read this:
With that many codes I suspect something happened to damage the wiring harness.
Have you looked at the harness? Does it show any damage? Does it look like it caught on something and got yanked? Take the connector off the passenger's side of the trans. Is there oil in it? Is there corrosion? Was it loose?

Strokethis213

Reaction score
I recommend you read this:

Have you looked at the harness? Does it show any damage? Does it look like it caught on something and got yanked? Take the connector off the passenger's side of the trans. Is there oil in it? Is there corrosion? Was it loose?

Oil looks and smells cleans I'll look at the harness when I get a chance

Strokethis213

Reaction score
Also the truck before all this happened would go slow into reverse and drive. Thanks mark for the help

Nice

Strokethis213

Reaction score
Update again: drive the truck around the blocks couple times got into it and it shifted fine it shifted into 3,2,1 I came home to park it and go in reverse and it would idle back I had to push the peddle to get it to move.

Nice

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
you have to trust the person or place you get the used transmission from. I was buying them for super cheap and they were unknown to me... I went thru 3 or 4 before I got one from my buddy Seth... he said it was a low mileage one and I trusted him, it hasn't let me down yet. with that said, he may have others for sale if youre interested. message him co04cobra (Ted Davis Auto)

Strokethis213

Reaction score
you have to trust the person or place you get the used transmission from. I was buying them for super cheap and they were unknown to me... I went thru 3 or 4 before I got one from my buddy Seth... he said it was a low mileage one and I trusted him, it hasn't let me down yet. with that said, he may have others for sale if youre interested. message him co04cobra (Ted Davis Auto)

Thank you for the reply we are gonna try and replace the D solenoid and see what happens but if it doesn't help we're gonna try and find a used one hopefully it fixes it

Strokethis213

Reaction score
I run the upgraded one in mine... it went bad after about 150k and had to replace it with no issues. I hope that works for you....

Where did you buy it from? Ford? And is D&A in the same sequence or should I change both? I'm a rookie with this

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
I just bought the upgraded direct drive one from Rykan Holder Diesel...hes great to work with. I also run his injectors and he installed my Barders Turbo. Hes based out of Florida now though, but ships quickly

Latest posts

Members online