Tow haul not working

Reaction score
The tow haul button on my truck won't work. I have a tow tune made for the tow haul but it hasn't worked. It used to work everytime. I pulled the steering wheel apart and all the wiring was good. Any ideas???

Reaction score
I think there is one fuse I think and I checked it on the passenger side but I can't figure out the problem. I read somewhere that sometimes the button itself on the shifter breaks. I'm not positive on any of this. I just hate not having tow haul

Emery19

Reaction score
replace the shifter. thats the issue i had with mine, wire looked fine from what i could see but i replaced the shifter and no problems. i think something gets chaffed and broken in the button.

EOSLTD

Reaction score
WHS, the wires inside the shifter are at fault. I had the same problem with my 08 Job 1 and a new shifter fixed the issue

Rubenk

Reaction score
Any info on how the button works? I'd like to test it before I replace it if possible.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
This might be silly but I know when I got my truck, I thought it was broke.
On mine at least I need to pull the shifter out/towards me and press the button at same time to activate the tow/haul.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
If you take the cover off of the steering column you will see the wires going into the shifter handle. That's where they usually get damaged. Often you can repair the wires and be back in business.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.