Tow powers

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was planning on spending my money on a new street bike this summer, but because the prices are so much lower in the winter I can't seem wasting money on one now.

So I was looking at a used set of Tow Powers and 60 HP injectors. I think I could get the turbos and injectors for $3,000 or less. My question is, what kinda of power differences, both in numbers (dyno/track) and seat of the pants feel am I gonna get? Also, do the tow powers sound any different?

Oh and one more. What would install costs be like? I'm guessing cab needs to come back off for the injectors? If that's the case I may just go with the tow powers, but then will the tow powers be worth it without the 60 hp nozzles?

Thanks.

White_monster

Reaction score
They are stronger than stock. I like mine but want more. To do injectors it's about a hour cab on, I'm not joking as I've timed myself doing it. The turbos can be installed cab on as well you just need to be willing and creative. If your paying for the install I'd ask for some qoutes.

I'll see how time is during Pog's build. Maybe I'll do a turbo swap how to with his truck and get it posted up. Again time is the issue.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I thought you went on a road trip a while back to get a new bike? Tow powers are a great upgrade, and I would do it with the injectors at that time. Just a guess from me, since when I did the tows and those injectors I also did a lot more to improve flow. I completely used all the fuel with those turbos, 60's. But I have ported heads and a cam too.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Decided not to at the last minute. The guy was sketchy, and I'm pretty sure he was trying to rip me off. As much as I want to be on a bike every day, I know i'll save atleast $1,000+ by waiting till septemberish.

And that doesn't sound too bad to do. I know I won't be permanently happy with the tow powers, but I know it's gonna be a long time until I get money and the will to drop 7k-9k on turbos alone. I'm sure the money is going to burn a hole in my pocket and i'll have the injectors and turbos sitting at my house in a month or so. Then probably make a quick road trip up to MPD or something.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
tow powers def sound like real turbos, smokin joes truck seams to be making 725+ on tow powers, more fuel than what your looking to do but still

mikes truck did 682 on tow powers modded pump 60s and ported heads.

tyler dillard is selling some tow powers right now...

Erikclaw

Reaction score
i'd do high powers and leave the rest alone.

Wasn't your set up designed differently than the others, meaning the (inducer?) was a different size to maximize spool up on a stock fuel system? The ones on the market are more built or suited for trucks running more fuel?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Wasn't your set up designed differently than the others, meaning the (inducer?) was a different size to maximize spool up on a stock fuel system? The ones on the market are more built or suited for trucks running more fuel?

just a tighter ex housing. mike settlemire did the exact same thing as me but with the standard 1.0 ex housing. from what aaron has said it lights stupid fast still. guess more results to come from that truck, but ill bet it makes more power than mine.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
just a tighter ex housing. mike settlemire did the exact same thing as me but with the standard 1.0 ex housing. from what aaron has said it lights stupid fast still. guess more results to come from that truck, but ill bet it makes more power than mine.

Cool, wasn't sure. I knew there were differences. They are a great set and if I did it all over again I would go straight to the HP's.

powr2stroke

Reaction score
Cool, wasn't sure. I knew there were differences. They are a great set and if I did it all over again I would go straight to the HP's.

After talking with Mikey on several occasions about this very subject , I switched from a tow power/ fuel mod build to a high power/ stock fuel build . Costs are basically the same but it left me with room to grow if i choose to. I liked the fact of lower EGTs and little smoke with big power , my horses wont like being piled up at the back of the trailer though . LOL

Erikclaw

Reaction score
After talking with Mikey on several occasions about this very subject , I switched from a tow power/ fuel mod build to a high power/ stock fuel build . Costs are basically the same but it left me with room to grow if i choose to. I liked the fact of lower EGTs and little smoke with big power , my horses wont like being piled up at the back of the trailer though . LOL

LOL probably not

Ia PWRSTKE

Reaction score
I really want my new turbos to whistle and they dont sound any dif than stock. They are built the same as elites towpowers. I need to get on a dyno. I have stock injectors for now.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Tow powers on my truck didn't make much of a whistle. Put a intake on with nothing around the filter and I bet you will hear a difference. When I built mine for the hp's they make noise! It is about the power though, not the noise they make. But the combo is cool.

Latest posts

Members online