TPMS

Evan ogre44

Reaction score
Honestly not. Unless you have a dealer scantool or like the Solis from snap on your not able to adjust them. You may be able to go to a dealer and talk to them and see what they will do. Do you just have over sized tires and wheels? I say this cuz i work at a dealer and we see this problem a lot with new wheels and tires. Their a bitch to work but you can do it with the right tools.

Dieselgeek

Reaction score
I know Ford can change the psi threshold. I have stock rims/tires, but have no desire to run 65/80psi. Running 55 psi currently, and they are now on. 62 psi all around didn't set them off.

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
I would go to ford, or a discount tire and just ask them to reset your TPMS to your desired pressure and they should. They have the tool there to do it based solely on make and model. I have done it and have referred others and have never run into any problems.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
I would go to ford, or a discount tire and just ask them to reset your TPMS to your desired pressure and they should. They have the tool there to do it based solely on make and model. I have done it and have referred others and have never run into any problems.

LEGALLY dealers or service providers are not allowed to change the pressure threshold to below the sticker in the door's specifications, due to GVWR and blah blah blah blah.

Your results may vary.

Pmac21

Reaction score
I know Ford can change the psi threshold. I have stock rims/tires, but have no desire to run 65/80psi. Running 55 psi currently, and they are now on. 62 psi all around didn't set them off.

I run 55 in mine and it never turns the light on until they get right around 50. I am running stock wheels and tires. I guess they are a little diferent truck to truck? :shrug:

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Duallies don't have TPMS

Job one trucks don't either.

You need to swap the info from more than one module for it to work also. So you need an identical truck that is job 1.

ToMang07

Reaction score
That's not government regulation, that's liability. You change the monitor to a lower psi, tire comes apart and takes out a bus load of nuns, guess who is now on the lawsuit.

The ONLY reason TPMS exists is government regulation. The NHTSA/DOT decided that we could save pollution by forcing people to keep their tires aired correctly. It is regulated common sense. That's why it is required by law on all new non-commercial vehicles. Certainly NOT because of popular demand!

http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/rulings/tpmsfinalrule.6/tpmsfinalrule.6.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire-pressure_monitoring_system

No different than helmet laws or seatbelt laws. Is it a good idea? Absolutely. Should the government dictate what I can do with my life and/or property? ***k no!!!

pog

Reaction score
Don't think that TPMS is in the PCM/TCM calibration, but I could be wrong.

wouldnt it be in the pcm, one of my sensors is messed up and whenever i load a tune and it goes through the oil pressure, wrench, traction sign etc i always get a tpms fault and the tpms light.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
That light comes on and flashes because one of the modules that makes TPMS work goes offline from the network during programming.