TQ Converter Lockup Options

PsRumors

Reaction score
Just got back from a short interstate trip (310 miles) with about 50 miles of in town driving and a little stop and go coming through Atlanta. I got 18.1 mpg out on the road running 74 mph (2000 RPMs). Which I am happy with.

What I am not happy with is my in town mileage. While it is not horrible, high 14s I believe there is a little more to be had by locking the converter a little sooner, currently 40 mph.

I know one can wire in a toggle switch but I would much prefer something automatic. Set the speed and forget it. I'd also like the converter to stay locked when the brake pedal is applied. Basically, if the truck is over 30 mph the converter is locked.

So what are my options?

TyCorr

Reaction score
That is a good idea. My php tow tunes did just that so it is possible. It was awesome too. His other.tunes did that too but would unlock with brake input, however far.below the point a stock strategy did.

I share your interest in the trans functioning in this manner. I hate having the.converter unlocked. The way I drive, all the time, i dont need to.wind the piss out of it.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
I used to have an ATS Co-Pilot that allowed me to adjust where the TQ locked up. I believe the lowest it would allow is 18mph.
No way I would pay sticker price on one though, last time I checked they were in the $700 range. Only reason I ran it is I got it for free from a local guy when I bought a Precision TQ off him.

Latest posts

Members online